List new gameplay elements that Xbone allows

#1Dev0311Posted 10/1/2013 1:06:20 PM
This a challenge to the board. I want you to list new gameplay elements that are new to Xbone due to its new processor.

I keep hearing that graphics aren't the only thing upgraded with a better processor. Things like environment scale, computer AI, physics are all improved too.

So is this really true or not?

Xbone already failed on delivering on the graphics front, so is it doing any better in other places? Are upcoming games improved in AI, physics, etc.? Or is this upcoming gen just gonna be a mild facelift of existing game formulas running at 30fps?
#2TrickyPonyPosted 10/1/2013 1:09:57 PM
AI looks better already in the few games we've seen. Also scale of enemies like zombies in DR3, I assume draw distances in new sandbox games will be amazing to take in. That's a success, what do you expect from a new console and where has the X1 come up short?
#3motoraptorPosted 10/1/2013 1:28:06 PM
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/drivatar/forza.aspx

Forza 5's drivatars. While you race the game picks up on how you race (how you take corners, whether you'll cut in a potentially dangerous gap, breaking too early, etc.) and then uses that data as AI opponent for other racers. I could be at school in real life and you could be racing against my "personality".
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#4PorungaPosted 10/1/2013 1:39:49 PM
Things like dynamically created levels and enemies are something pretty new to consoles. Dynamic dungeons on ps4's deep down, dynamically created zombies in DR3 on the xbo. Consoles just haven't had things like that on that level of complexity. I know there has been some randomization in games, but not to this scale. To be able to render that many zombies on screen, and not one of them are the same. To dynamically create zombies like that, their appearance, their clothes, their hair, their decay.. all different, and that many at once? all on the fly? That is truly impressive.
#5PsychoGatesPosted 10/1/2013 1:43:40 PM
Dev0311 posted...
This a challenge to the board. I want you to list new gameplay elements that are new to Xbone due to its new processor.

I keep hearing that graphics aren't the only thing upgraded with a better processor. Things like environment scale, computer AI, physics are all improved too.

Xbone already failed on delivering on the graphics front, so is it doing any better in other places? Are upcoming games improved in AI, physics, etc.? Or is this upcoming gen just gonna be a mild facelift of existing game formulas running at 30fps?

How did the console already fail on the graphics front? Are you saying compared to PCs? Because nobody should have expected this next gen of consoles to reach that.
#6Satchmo25Posted 10/1/2013 2:02:41 PM
PsychoGates posted...
Dev0311 posted...

How did the console already fail on the graphics front? Are you saying compared to PCs? Because nobody should have expected this next gen of consoles to reach that.

no he doesn't mean PC's, the pC isn't a console but then I'm not sure what he means
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#7Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 2:08:24 PM
PsychoGates posted...
Dev0311 posted...

Why not? We already dealt with 7+ years of last gen performance and 'ok' framerates. Are you telling me that next gen is just gonna be more of the same?