Xbox One day-one update takes 15-20 minutes because it's the entire finished OS.

#31NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 11:29:25 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
you mean i need to do a system update to play the console?

oh gee its not like the systems dont do that already..../sarcasm

They don't require them kiddo. Wii U was playable out of the box, PS4 will be playable out of the box and all updates are optional.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#32NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 11:32:16 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
kidwgm posted...
Have you every purchased a new computer? Damn. Those take hours to compelete some of those updates. 10/20 mins is nothing to fuss about.

^ This times one hundred...also I thought and from what I read on IGN was that the 'Patch' on the day of launch was so you can play your games OFFLINE and remove/turn off the DRM 24hr check in, and not download an entire OS.

The system is unplayable without the mandatory update, it has nothing to do with removing features and everything to do with making the machine functional.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#33NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 11:34:48 AM
Ellesarien posted...
FYI - You need a TV also.

If you don't have a TV (It does not come bundled with your X-1) you will just have an unusable brick.

Just like how last year both consoles decided not to base their consoles off those that didn't have HD TV's, they aren't deciding the future of their console off people living in the 1980's without an internet connection.

Nice narrow minded analogy except you can play the PS4 without ever connecting it to the internet. Logic must not be your strong suit.
---
#34EllesarienPosted 10/2/2013 1:21:47 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Ellesarien posted...

If you don't have a TV (It does not come bundled with your X-1) you will just have an unusable brick.

Just like how last year both consoles decided not to base their consoles off those that didn't have HD TV's, they aren't deciding the future of their console off people living in the 1980's without an internet connection.

Nice narrow minded analogy except you can play the PS4 without ever connecting it to the internet. Logic must not be your strong suit.

Oddly skippy....this isn't the PS4 board. If you wish to praise the PS4 for its brilliance...that board lies elsewhere.

Intelligence must not be your strong suit.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#35NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 1:31:34 PM
Ellesarien posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Oddly skippy....this isn't the PS4 board. If you wish to praise the PS4 for its brilliance...that board lies elsewhere.

So you say both consoles (an ignorant conceit since there are 3 next gen systems) do something and when I point out Xbox is the only one doing it, you respond with snide insults? Way to move the goalposts.
---
#3682xenoPosted 10/2/2013 1:32:23 PM
Ellesarien posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Ellesarien posted...

......XD
---
Shwing
#37BudWisenheimer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 1:49:36 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
...also I thought and from what I read on IGN was that the 'Patch' on the day of launch was so you can play your games OFFLINE and remove/turn off the DRM 24hr check in, and not download an entire OS.

I think that's what a lot of people thought. And still think. So I tried to explain it better in the OP and why they did it.
#38NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 1:52:03 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
...also I thought and from what I read on IGN was that the 'Patch' on the day of launch was so you can play your games OFFLINE and remove/turn off the DRM 24hr check in, and not download an entire OS.

I think that's what a lot of people thought. And still think. So I tried to explain it better in the OP and why they did it.

And even when these facts are presented and verified by MS themselves, people still want to deny it.
---
#39BudWisenheimer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 2:07:22 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

And even when these facts are presented and verified by MS themselves, people still want to deny it.

Yeah I understand why they didn't believe it back in June. But now that nearly every piece of evidence is backing up what we said back then it seems like it's either people who are just now tuning in or willfully ignorant. Within seconds of my posting this there was possibly the least informed topic title about this subject created. I doubt that was an accident. :-)

I have to say though that this 24-hour check-in would have been a cool policy for exclusive game developers. Who doesn't want every little bit of extra time they can get? Glad Forza5 is still getting it. And I'd be fine with all the other Microsoft-published launch games getting the same courtesy.
#40Ironman06Posted 10/2/2013 2:09:39 PM
Doesn't really matter a whole lot to me. I'm also expecting multiple other updates within the first few months of release. Kind of like when you purchase a new computer, just expect to do some updating right away.