Xbox One day-one update takes 15-20 minutes because it's the entire finished OS.

#41BudWisenheimer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:00:18 PM
Ironman06 posted...
Doesn't really matter a whole lot to me. I'm also expecting multiple other updates within the first few months of release. Kind of like when you purchase a new computer, just expect to do some updating right away.

Some people don't want their console to be anything like a computer. Some people ridicule consoles because they can't keep up with computers. This will all shake itself out one day.
#42True_FoeHammerPosted 10/2/2013 7:13:28 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
Ironman06 posted...
Doesn't really matter a whole lot to me. I'm also expecting multiple other updates within the first few months of release. Kind of like when you purchase a new computer, just expect to do some updating right away.

Some people don't want their console to be anything like a computer. Some people ridicule consoles because they can't keep up with computers. This will all shake itself out one day.

The SINGLE benefit consoles have over PC is that any moron who at least knows how to plug cables into sockets will be able to use one. PERIOD. NO other advantages. Take that out aaaaannnnddd POOF! The console's entire reason for existing is gone.
#43BudWisenheimer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:59:55 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
The SINGLE benefit consoles have over PC is that any moron who at least knows how to plug cables into sockets will be able to use one. PERIOD. NO other advantages. Take that out aaaaannnnddd POOF! The console's entire reason for existing is gone.

I don't think that's as thought-out as you think it is. But I like it anyway.