PSA: buying X1 with no internet = ALL previous DRM still in effect

#1GalvatronType_RPosted 10/1/2013 4:34:20 PM
Lets say you're one of those hapless people who think that with MS going back on all their DRM policies, you will be fine using the X1 without having internet service. Au contraire, mon frere.

If you cannot download the day one patch due to having no broadband, ALL previous DRM will still be in effect (i.e., games can only be played for 24 hours, you can only trade or sell or give away games once, the camera must be plugged in for the console to work, etc.).

That is all. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Keep calm and carry on.
#2True_FoeHammerPosted 10/1/2013 4:35:22 PM
nb4BudWeisenheimerclaimsthattheDay1patchisfortheentireOS,nottoremovetheDRM
#3BudWisenheimerPosted 10/1/2013 4:37:01 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
Lets say you're one of those hapless people who think that with MS going back on all their DRM policies, you will be fine using the X1 without having internet service. Au contraire, mon frere.

If you cannot download the day one patch due to having no broadband, ALL previous DRM will still be in effect (i.e., games can only be played for 24 hours, you can only trade or sell or give away games once, the camera must be plugged in for the console to work, etc.).

That is all. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Keep calm and carry on.

Nope. It's even worse than that. There is no previous DRM because there won't even be a finished OS. So you won't even be able to play any games at all.
#4BudWisenheimerPosted 10/1/2013 4:38:17 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
nb4BudWeisenheimerclaimsthattheDay1patchisfortheentireOS,nottoremovetheDRM

Heh. You zigged when you should have zagged. Better luck next time. :-)
#5Massillon_GPosted 10/1/2013 4:38:54 PM
Stopped reading at "Au contraire, mon frere."
#6True_FoeHammerPosted 10/1/2013 4:39:22 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...

Nope. It's even worse than that. There is no previous DRM because there won't even be a finished OS. So you won't even be able to play any games at all.

You know, for every time I've seen you claim this, I've never seen proof. Just hot air. Care to change that?
#7BudWisenheimerPosted 10/1/2013 4:41:45 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

You know, for every time I've seen you claim this, I've never seen proof. Just hot air. Care to change that?

Did you read the topic I just created? Does it not fit with all the proof out there? Which part is troubling you?
#8True_FoeHammerPosted 10/1/2013 4:44:48 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

Did you read the topic I just created? Does it not fit with all the proof out there? Which part is troubling you?

The part troubling me is that your posts say that proof is in your previous posts, with those previous posts saying that proof is in even older posts. So, could you direct me to your absolute first post that actually had proof in it?
#9NerdimusPrimePosted 10/1/2013 4:45:45 PM
The system will be unplayable without the Day 1 update according to MS. No 1st time update= VCR sized plastic brick.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#10BudWisenheimerPosted 10/1/2013 4:49:16 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

The part troubling me is that your posts say that proof is in your previous posts, with those previous posts saying that proof is in even older posts. So, could you direct me to your absolute first post that actually had proof in it?

No I don't think I ever posted "proof" or even claimed to. I'm just using logic based on what Marc Whitten said back in June: "A day one system update for Xbox One has always been planned to accommodate the differences between hardware and software manufacturing schedules."

If you want me to I'm sure I can find proof of what I'm saying somewhere. It's not a secret. They publicly announced this months ago. And I just used my noodle.