PSA: buying X1 with no internet = ALL previous DRM still in effect

#11SgtGalaxyPosted 10/1/2013 4:52:39 PM
Considering we even replied to this topic means we have some form of internet so not many f***s are given by many of us
---
this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big d*** or 2) a small d***, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
-Bokkin
#12_Elite_Bushido_Posted 10/1/2013 4:58:22 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
Lets say you're one of those hapless people who think that with MS going back on all their DRM policies, you will be fine using the X1 without having internet service. Au contraire, mon frere.

If you cannot download the day one patch due to having no broadband, ALL previous DRM will still be in effect (i.e., games can only be played for 24 hours, you can only trade or sell or give away games once, the camera must be plugged in for the console to work, etc.).

That is all. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Keep calm and carry on.

youre talking to everyone with internet here... nobody gives a **** lol
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#13IzecPosted 10/1/2013 5:01:50 PM
It'd be hilarious if they released Xbone but couldn't provide the anti-DRM patch on time because of "technical issues".
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#14Satchmo25Posted 10/1/2013 5:06:54 PM
Thank god I have internet and don't live in 1985
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#15lilj812Posted 10/1/2013 5:35:57 PM
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
Lets say you're one of those hapless people who think that with MS going back on all their DRM policies, you will be fine using the X1 without having internet service. Au contraire, mon frere.

If you cannot download the day one patch due to having no broadband, ALL previous DRM will still be in effect (i.e., games can only be played for 24 hours, you can only trade or sell or give away games once, the camera must be plugged in for the console to work, etc.).

That is all. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Keep calm and carry on.

youre talking to everyone with internet here... nobody gives a **** lol

Could be Phone Internet, work Internet, wireless hotspot, anything. Just because they post on gamefaqs doesn't mean they have interet in their home. Riiiiight?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#16Crazy_tank51Posted 10/1/2013 5:54:49 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
Thank god I have internet and don't live in 1985

Nice story. Maybe people around you don't have Internet or at least good Internet.
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD
#17GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 6:04:16 PM
I don't know about the "no OS thingy without the day one patch" until I see a link from a reliable source but my original post still stands: if you have no broadband, you probably will be able to use the console but under the restrictions of all the previous DRM policies.

As for everyone on here having broadband: some people post from work, some post from a library, some post from an Internet cafe or public hotspot, or they are posting from a phone so please don't assume that everyone who is online has home broadband.
#18NerdimusPrimePosted 10/1/2013 6:11:50 PM
I don't know about the "no OS thingy without the day one patch" until I see a link from a reliable source but my original post still stands: if you have no broadband, you probably will be able to use the console but under the restrictions of all the previous DRM policies.

As for everyone on here having broadband: some people post from work, some post from a library, some post from an Internet cafe or public hotspot, or they are posting from a phone so please don't assume that everyone who is online has home broadband.

It won't play games at all unless you do the update. No probably or maybe, it will not be a functional console without the update.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#19SunDevil77Posted 10/1/2013 6:15:06 PM
PSA? GI Joes are the only ones able to pull off a PSA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atXIKI2XHj4
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#20HUIPosted 10/1/2013 6:16:52 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

Nope. It's even worse than that. There is no previous DRM because there won't even be a finished OS. So you won't even be able to play any games at all.

You know, for every time I've seen you claim this, I've never seen proof. Just hot air. Care to change that?

Did you read the topic I just created? Does it not fit with all the proof out there? Which part is troubling you?

Hey dude, you called it. Don't you remember the comment I showed you from the Xbox developer a couple months ago? I'll be working over there tomorrow, if you can't find it. See ya then.