PSA: buying X1 with no internet = ALL previous DRM still in effect

#31Pixx0Posted 10/1/2013 10:56:08 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
The system will be unplayable without the Day 1 update according to MS. No 1st time update= VCR sized plastic brick.

With another brick to power it up. Xboners love bricks.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#32PsychoGatesPosted 10/1/2013 11:00:52 PM
If someone is buying the Xbox 1 without an internet connection then I think the update may be the least of that persons worries
#33NerdimusPrimePosted 10/1/2013 11:08:43 PM
PsychoGates posted...
If someone is buying the Xbox 1 without an internet connection then I think the update may be the least of that persons worries

I know plenty of people with current gen consoles and no home internet. They might prioritize differently than you do, not everyone finds value in having broadband. And let's not forget about those in the US that don't have access to broadband at all.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#34bloodlover4everPosted 10/1/2013 11:19:48 PM
How come this topic is still alive! It doesn't make any sense.

If you didn't download the patch then it will be downloaded the next time you connect to the internet. So there won't be any DRM because you have to be connected to the internet for this to take place! Once you connect to the internet you will get the patch!
#35CyberneticRatPosted 10/1/2013 11:21:14 PM
Who said anything about broadband? You can use your phone or hell, dial-up even.

For people without internet, buy a PS4 or wait for the newer model of the Xbox One which should require no day one patch.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#36NerdimusPrimePosted 10/1/2013 11:23:00 PM
bloodlover4ever posted...
How come this topic is still alive! It doesn't make any sense.

If you didn't download the patch then it will be downloaded the next time you connect to the internet. So there won't be any DRM because you have to be connected to the internet for this to take place! Once you connect to the internet you will get the patch!

If you don't connect it to the internet it won't work at all according to MS. It's mandatory for the console to function so there is no "play now, patch later" option. Try to keep up :)
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#37_Elite_Bushido_Posted 10/2/2013 2:05:46 AM
lilj812 posted...
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
Lets say you're one of those hapless people who think that with MS going back on all their DRM policies, you will be fine using the X1 without having internet service. Au contraire, mon frere.

If you cannot download the day one patch due to having no broadband, ALL previous DRM will still be in effect (i.e., games can only be played for 24 hours, you can only trade or sell or give away games once, the camera must be plugged in for the console to work, etc.).

That is all. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Keep calm and carry on.

youre talking to everyone with internet here... nobody gives a **** lol

Could be Phone Internet, work Internet, wireless hotspot, anything. Just because they post on gamefaqs doesn't mean they have interet in their home. Riiiiight?

can use all of those for playing online
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#38Rdeal2Posted 10/2/2013 4:53:54 AM
I take it they will not even try to play any games?because the patch will be on the new games like they are now days,next you'll be saying what if they only buy digital
#39GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 6:14:48 AM
Again, as difficult as it is to believe, many areas in the US don't have access to broadband. Also just because does not mean they can tether with it. Hence no access to broadband.

Microsoft may send the patch on disks through the mail but that would be millions wasted due to having policies that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
#40Special-EddPosted 10/2/2013 7:10:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]