PSA: buying X1 with no internet = ALL previous DRM still in effect

#61zeldamaster702Posted 10/2/2013 12:05:10 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
Lets say you're one of those hapless people who think that with MS going back on all their DRM policies, you will be fine using the X1 without having internet service. Au contraire, mon frere.

If you cannot download the day one patch due to having no broadband, ALL previous DRM will still be in effect (i.e., games can only be played for 24 hours, you can only trade or sell or give away games once, the camera must be plugged in for the console to work, etc.).

That is all. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Keep calm and carry on.

I thought the system prior to changes was REQUIRED to be connected to the internet every 24 hours in order to FUNCTION. Either way you look at it if you have no internet the system is a brick.
---
And if de-elevator tries 2 bring U down. Go crazy, punch a higher floor!
#62Ironman06Posted 10/2/2013 3:15:33 PM
Thank god I have the internet and was able to read this. You really did pick the perfect median for this PSA. Imagine all the people without the internet you just saved.
#63SgtGalaxyPosted 10/2/2013 3:21:24 PM
SgtGalaxy posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...
Considering we even replied to this topic means we have some form of internet so not many f***s are given by many of us

---
this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big d*** or 2) a small d***, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
-Bokkin
#64NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 3:27:20 PM
Ironman06 posted...
Thank god I have the internet and was able to read this. You really did pick the perfect median for this PSA. Imagine all the people without the internet you just saved.

ITP: no one views this site from a 3g/4g device.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#65RetrowirePosted 10/2/2013 3:53:22 PM
And I thought all of this required internet connectivity nonsense was out the window.

Damn Microsoft. WHY DO YOU DO THIS?
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#66NewmoonPosted 10/2/2013 4:24:50 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Ironman06 posted...

How many people have that but not the capability of getting their Xbox connected to the Internet ?
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#67NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 4:31:22 PM
Newmoon posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Ironman06 posted...

How many people have that but not the capability of getting their Xbox connected to the Internet ?

Quite a few people. Look at a Verizon coverage map, then compare it to the areas with broadband. In my area I am fortunate to be on the main road, otherwise I wouldn't have broadband but the whole area has cell coverage.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#68StriderNemesisPosted 10/2/2013 6:51:17 PM
If you don't have an Internet connection, and you're buying a console on release date, then there's something wrong with your priorities.

Also, this will most likely only be true for the first batch of consoles. Later batches will most certainly come with the update already installed.
#69kyncaniPosted 10/2/2013 7:50:14 PM
StriderNemesis posted...
If you don't have an Internet connection, and you're buying a console on release date, then there's something wrong with your priorities.

Actually you can buy a game console even if for some reason it won't be connected to the internet, any game console for that matter.
Just not a Xbox One : it does not work.
#70PhilipVanLukePosted 10/2/2013 8:47:10 PM
Anyone that can read your PSA has internet....
/topic
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Legendary Fenix
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/PhilipVanLuke/Setup.jpg