PSA: buying X1 with no internet = ALL previous DRM still in effect

#71PhilipVanLukePosted 10/2/2013 9:32:19 PM
I can easily tether to my cell phone or connection share with my computer on dial up or even just leech my neighbors wi fi connection. A household with no internet options does not exist. If you just don't want internet, odds are you have no interest in technology whatsoever.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Legendary Fenix
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/PhilipVanLuke/Setup.jpg
#72NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 9:51:19 PM(edited)
PhilipVanLuke posted...
I can easily tether to my cell phone or connection share with my computer on dial up or even just leech my neighbors wi fi connection. A household with no internet options does not exist. If you just don't want internet, odds are you have no interest in technology whatsoever.

ITP: people don't live in rural areas. There are plenty of areas in the US that don't have internet options.

Here's a thought: There are people that live in areas where not only are there no neighbors close enough to leech Wifi, there are no neighbors with internet. They still have electricity, TV's and a desire to play video games, so where does that leave them? There are plenty of gamers who have zero interest in online gaming and no need for home internet, I guess they should #dealwithit and get a PS4 or Wii U.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#73PhilipVanLukePosted 10/3/2013 6:21:44 AM
Final fun fact 88,000,000 households in the US have broadband. Those are the customers Microsoft cares about. 84 percent of households making 50k or more have broadband. That's the target. Supplemental fact something like 85 percent of the 16 percent without internet are elderly who are not the target audience.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Legendary Fenix
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/PhilipVanLuke/Setup.jpg
#74embrandedonePosted 10/4/2013 10:25:34 AM
I just realized, what happened to that campaign to restore DRM?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#75bob15xPosted 10/4/2013 10:34:25 AM
PhilipVanLuke posted...
Final fun fact 88,000,000 households in the US have broadband. Those are the customers Microsoft cares about. 84 percent of households making 50k or more have broadband. That's the target. Supplemental fact something like 85 percent of the 16 percent without internet are elderly who are not the target audience.

sssh facts.

I also had a laugh at todays poll where the majority keep all their games and they next teir most keep all their games yet look at the outcry over used games.
#76prince_nagashPosted 10/4/2013 11:01:31 AM
This topic basically represents gamers that care about the circumstances of other games, or gamers that only care about themselves.

Or maybe just people that are looking for a way to bash MS.
#77SAGETISMYSAVIORPosted 10/4/2013 3:49:09 PM
Does nobody remember that patches are also put on game disks? Every game should come with a patch containing the required firmware version needed to play the game. So people who don't have interent should be able to just put in whatever launch game they get, update the xbox, and then be good to go from there.
---
See the Turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the Earth.
#78SilentS89Posted 10/4/2013 4:01:32 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
The system will be unplayable without the Day 1 update according to MS. No 1st time update= VCR sized plastic brick.

Dat crippling dependence on the internet.
#79ExempliGratiaPosted 10/4/2013 4:34:02 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
Again, as difficult as it is to believe, many areas in the US don't have access to broadband. Also just because does not mean they can tether with it. Hence no access to broadband.

Microsoft may send the patch on disks through the mail but that would be millions wasted due to having policies that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

What do policies have to do with that fact the is OS isn't finished? The patch isn't to remove the DRM it is the whole OS.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#80GrayFulIbusterPosted 10/5/2013 10:24:07 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
nb4BudWeisenheimerclaimsthattheDay1patchisfortheentireOS,nottoremovetheDRM

Heh. You zigged when you should have zagged. Better luck next time. :-)

What do you mean? He was right. You posted exactly what he said what you would.
---
"Ice Make: Lance!"