Remember that video of that kid playing the One?

#1khardboredPosted 10/1/2013 7:09:22 PM
So I am sitting here playing Resident Evil: Revelations (meh) and it hits me.

I am not a fanboy of either system, I am still leaning towards a One...but..

It had to be a fake, MS released video. He posts the video shortly after MS announces that they have started shipping out units to retailers. So then this guy posts a video of himself playing around with it, even bashing Bing. Claims he was playing Ryse as well. The dashboard on the video appears to have shown him connected and the Xbox working properly. But what about the day one patch to remove DRM? You mean to tell me that the servers that house the patch allowed him to connect and download it? If the patch is even live on a server right now.

The only other explanation is that they include the patch on a disc (unlikely) or his Xbox One was offline and sitting at the dash. But it appears he is able to do many things that you would think only could be done while having this drm patch.

Smells fishy. Or there is some blatantly obvious OTHER option I am just not thinking of....
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#2DelRowePosted 10/1/2013 7:14:35 PM
There are definitely playable Xbones right now. How else would they test and mess around with it? I know for a fact that Albert Penello has one and plays it every day. That kid's father could have been an MS employee that got one for testing.
---
You are not in control.
#3khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 7:17:14 PM
I've thought of that as well. But let us assume it was a shipped system he got his hands on.
What would that mean for the DRM patch?

Also, I am not trolling or flame baiting. I am seriously wondering. Especially now that I just saw two other posts about the day one patch.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#4CapnStankyPosted 10/1/2013 7:22:51 PM
Wrong wrong wrong. Select MS employees are currently testing the Xbox One in their homes. This happens with all of their big products.
#5khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 7:24:04 PM
Yeah, that is another possibility. I don't think this guy was "testing" it, however. That would have been awhile ago that any testing would have been done.
---
#6mindoftwomoronsPosted 10/1/2013 7:48:02 PM
khardbored posted...
Yeah, that is another possibility. I don't think this guy was "testing" it, however. That would have been awhile ago that any testing would have been done.

Not true. With each retail Xbox One having a mandatory day one update it's never too late for them to obtain feedback. There is no set date for any software issue to be found, and thus, beta testing continues until MS deems it no longer necessary.

Also, there is nothing stating that he works for MS. It is possible he was simply a beta tester, similar to how Valve is taking applications to beta test their new "Steambox".

He was an idiot though for showing his face and violating his NDA either way.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#7youngskillzPosted 10/2/2013 1:39:04 AM
revelations is arguably the best re since 4.

now re 5 and 6 are pretty meh tho.

kid had a one, get over it tc.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#8NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 1:41:40 AM
youngskillz posted...
revelations is arguably the best re since 4.

now re 5 and 6 are pretty meh tho.

kid had a one, get over it tc.

if meh in this context means god awful money crap, then I agree wholeheartedly!
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#9BudWisenheimerPosted 10/2/2013 7:06:08 PM
khardbored posted...
Smells fishy. Or there is some blatantly obvious OTHER option I am just not thinking of....

^ Why yes there is. There is no DRM. The OS still isn't finished. He's playing a beta version. ;-)

Read more about it here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67377950