Why did Microsoft go for such weak hardware compared to PS4?

#1dolablaPosted 10/1/2013 9:44:38 PM
Were they caught off guard or something?
#2zephirrainesPosted 10/1/2013 9:46:21 PM
Yeah the ps4 is so amazing that its first party exclusives all run at 1080p and 60fps! oh wait they don't.......

Oh then it just must be the power of the cell BS all over again with ponies claiming the ps4 to be amazing with no proof to back it.
#3LordcrabfoodPosted 10/1/2013 9:47:33 PM
Kinect being included would of been the main factor, so as to keep the price as low as possible. Also I do not think the gap will be that big, I am getting both so I do not really care but I think the X1 is a great system with a lot of potential.
#4zephirrainesPosted 10/1/2013 9:49:04 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
Kinect being included would of been the main factor, so as to keep the price as low as possible. Also I do not think the gap will be that big, I am getting both so I do not really care but I think the X1 is a great system with a lot of potential.

I agree. I think the ps4 will be superior but it would be so marginal that no one could tell. 360 was better on multiplatforms this generation but even with its greater amount of usable RAM most games were identical.
#5An_EthiopianPosted 10/1/2013 9:51:27 PM
MS is aiming to use the formula Nintendo used for the Wii. Underpowered hardware, coupled with motion controls at the forefront. What I'm confused about is why they'd price it to be so expensive? The Wii had the motion controls AND a nice price. This will be MS's least "hardcore" focused console.
---
The statement below me is true.
The statement above me is false.
#6zephirrainesPosted 10/1/2013 9:54:04 PM
An_Ethiopian posted...
MS is aiming to use the formula Nintendo used for the Wii. Underpowered hardware, coupled with motion controls at the forefront. What I'm confused about is why they'd price it to be so expensive? The Wii had the motion controls AND a nice price. This will be MS's least "hardcore" focused console.

Except for the fact that it has dedicated servers, dlc first and the exclusives the real hardcore gamers want. But you keep on lying to yourself while you play on facebook on your ps4.
#7dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 9:55:18 PM
I'm just going off of what some devs have said about the gap is significant and obvious. I wish Microsoft had just focused on a powerful console and left the Kinect as a separate accessory. I hope one of these gaming sites gather up some statistics after Xbox One launches just to see how many people are actually using the Kinect.
#8LordcrabfoodPosted 10/1/2013 9:55:42 PM
An_Ethiopian posted...

There is a MASSIVE gap in terms of power between the X1 and the wii. If the X1 is underpowered then so is the PS4. Honestly, once people play the games for themselves, it will be basically the 360 as it was to the PS3, ie. very minor difference.
#9DelRowePosted 10/1/2013 9:55:44 PM
zephirraines posted...
Yeah the ps4 is so amazing that its first party exclusives all run at 1080p and 60fps! oh wait they don't.......

Oh then it just must be the power of the cell BS all over again with ponies claiming the ps4 to be amazing with no proof to back it.

Proof has been everywhere for the past 4 months. Nobody should have to show you anything, but you're in extreme denial.
---
You are not in control.
#10zephirrainesPosted 10/1/2013 9:57:29 PM
DelRowe posted...
zephirraines posted...

Proof has been everywhere for the past 4 months. Nobody should have to show you anything, but you're in extreme denial.

Link then and show me this alleged proof. This should be funny.