Microsoft risking market share for Kinect

#1Dev0311Posted 10/2/2013 9:03:16 AM
Xbone is about to have a tough battle this November. Its competition is faster (PS4), cheaper (PS4/Wii U) and has better games (Wii U).

MS could easily remedy this situation by removing Kinect entirely and lowering the Xbone's price to better match PS4. But they aren't doing this and it's gonna be a big mistake in the long run. No one even likes Kinect, there are no AAA Kinect games in development, so why even include Kinect in the bundle? It's just unnecessary expense for everyone. It's a lose-lose situation.

I hate to say it but Kinect is a deadweight holding back Xbone's full potential. If MS is smart they'll offer a Kinect-less console for $399. Otherwise, good bye to their market share as people flock to PS4 and Wii U. I don't care how big of an Xbone fan you are, you'll be paying a lot more cash for nothing if you pick up an Xbone November. Don't let MS pull a fast one on you.
#2TrickyPonyPosted 10/2/2013 9:10:35 AM
have it preordered already, can't wait
#3MRL3G3NDPosted 10/2/2013 9:20:52 AM
on the contrary Kinect is the only thing that can save the xbox

The only reason they are forcing it on people is NuADs (google it).
If everyone does not have a Kinect...NuAds is useless

they are hoping to reach the holy grail in advertising by getting feedback from the user while watching ads

MS' plan is to turn NuAds into a solid revenue stream

But MS is stupid because before we invite the Trojan into our homes...they have to justify it...they have failed miserably.

People that buy the XB1 will effectively discard the Kinect 2.0, and NuAds will fail anyway...

Had they made the XB1 the Ultimate Gaming console that can do this other stuff too, they may have been able to Trojan the Kinect to us...small price to pay for the ULTIMATE GAMING MACHINE...

But noooo...they made the ultimate cable box, that also plays games (at a lower quality than the competition at that)

I cannot believe that MS did any market research AT ALL...they would have known up front what everybody has known from day 1

casuals don't line up for cable boxes on launch night...casuals go with the crowd...and right now it looks like Sony has the crowd...hardcore gamers ready for the next generation.

So even the financial Analysts are saying MS has made a grave mistake...they are saying MS needs to get out of the hardware biz altogether...

I can't really blame them for saying that...market research would have told them all the mistakes they make far ahead of time...they go into a cave, develop something, and come out and try to convince you that you want it.

lol they said $500 is nothing compared to the value you are getting...but the rest of us are like...what value?
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#4lilj812Posted 10/2/2013 9:23:54 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...

they are hoping to reach the holy grail in advertising by getting feedback from the user while watching ads

But MS is stupid because before we invite the Trojan into our homes...they have to justify it...they have failed miserably.

People that buy the XB1 will effectively discard the Kinect 2.0, and NuAds will fail anyway...

Had they made the XB1 the Ultimate Gaming console that can do this other stuff too, they may have been able to Trojan the Kinect to us...small price to pay for the ULTIMATE GAMING MACHINE...

But noooo...they made the ultimate cable box, that also plays games (at a lower quality than the competition at that)

I cannot believe that MS did any market research AT ALL...they would have known up front what everybody has known from day 1

casuals don't line up for cable boxes on launch night...casuals go with the crowd...and right now it looks like Sony has the crowd...hardcore gamers ready for the next generation.

So even the financial Analysts are saying MS has made a grave mistake...they are saying MS needs to get out of the hardware biz altogether...

I can't really blame them for saying that...market research would have told them all the mistakes they make far ahead of time...they go into a cave, develop something, and come out and try to convince you that you want it.

lol they said $500 is nothing compared to the value you are getting...but the rest of us are like...what value?

People need to listen to this post.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#5blitz_0623Posted 10/2/2013 9:25:31 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...

What the hell is this? Logic on GameFAQs?
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#6Dev445Posted 10/2/2013 9:33:11 AM
Dev0311 posted...
Xbone is about to have a tough battle this November. Its competition is faster (PS4), cheaper (PS4/Wii U) and has better games (Wii U).

MS could easily remedy this situation by removing Kinect entirely and lowering the Xbone's price to better match PS4. But they aren't doing this and it's gonna be a big mistake in the long run. No one even likes Kinect, there are no AAA Kinect games in development, so why even include Kinect in the bundle? It's just unnecessary expense for everyone. It's a lose-lose situation.

I hate to say it but Kinect is a deadweight holding back Xbone's full potential. If MS is smart they'll offer a Kinect-less console for $399. Otherwise, good bye to their market share as people flock to PS4 and Wii U. I don't care how big of an Xbone fan you are, you'll be paying a lot more cash for nothing if you pick up an Xbone November. Don't let MS pull a fast one on you.

Kinect sales hit 24 million so I highly doubt no one likes it. Do you ever get tired of trolling the XB1 board? its like 24/7 with you.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#7181stCommanderPosted 10/2/2013 9:39:37 AM
Dev445 posted...
Dev0311 posted...

Kinect sales hit 24 million so I highly doubt no one likes it. Do you ever get tired of trolling the XB1 board? its like 24/7 with you.

How much did the first Xbox sold again?
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#8maheo30Posted 10/2/2013 9:47:21 AM
I don't understand why they are pushing the Kinect so hard. I'm an X1 guy. For me, the X1 is a better value than the PS4. But I don't really care for the Kinect and would prefer to buy the console without it. Maybe I'll change my mind after using it.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#9kyncaniPosted 10/2/2013 9:47:30 AM
lilj812 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

People need to listen to this post.

I really do not get why they tried scamming people before selling the Xbox One in the first place.
#10TMOGPosted 10/2/2013 9:48:55 AM
Dev445 posted...
Dev0311 posted...

Okay, first of all I have to ask due to the names and account creation dates... are you arguing with your alt?

Second, the Kinect sold 24 million. Most of that was in the early weeks when people were still riding the hype train and thinking it was going to be this great thing, before they found out it was terrible.

If you ask Xbox 360 owners today how much they use their Kinect, the ones who say "All the time" are an incredibly small minority. Most people who bought it didn't take very long at all to either get rid of it or stuff it in a closet.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png