Next gen Deus Ex: Universe game

#1regsantotomasPosted 10/2/2013 10:10:10 AM
Deux Ex: Universe game confirmed. See below for blog from Eidos Montreal. Concept art at bottom of post

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Future-Vision-for-Deus-Ex?theme=deusex

Iím pleased to confirm that we are already into production of the starting point for Deus Ex: Universe with a new game for PC and next-generation consoles. Weíre very excited about it at the studio and I wanted to let you know that most of the team behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution is already working hard on this new game. It took us four years to learn how to create a unique Deus Ex experience with Human Revolution and it was important for me to keep this knowledge within the franchise.

I want to leave you with a piece of concept art from our next-gen Deus Ex game that shows trans-humanism segregation, which is a backdrop to our vision for the next Deus Ex. It represents a "ghetto-city' voluntarily built in order to separate the classes. The people in this segregated class have reshaped their environment, nostalgic for their ideal of Cyber Renaissance. This dark and dystopian vision sets the tone for things to come in Deus Ex.
For now, I hope you are excited about the future of this game that we love so much. Deus Ex is coming to next-gen, itís early so donít expect to hear much more from us just yet, but I wanted you to know.

I'm very excited as a developer and gamer!
@DavidAnfossi @eidosmontreal

Concept art:
http://cdn.eidosinteractive.com/mtl/marketing/Community/Blog/Golem_DeusExUniverse.jpg
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#2zerooo0Posted 10/2/2013 10:28:37 AM
I hope they don't do the FPS/TPS hybrid switching thing. Either just let me play in FPS or TPS view.

Biggest reason why I never finished Human Revolution is because the switching would bother me some odd reason. My eyes could never really adjust to it constantly going from FPS to TPS.

If they just give me the option then Eidos can take my money all day.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#3IminyourclosetPosted 10/2/2013 11:16:04 AM
Deus EX: Universe isn't the name of the game. It's what they're calling the world that the games and books are set in.

They're just saying the most recent games and books, as well as the upcoming games (probably 2 or 3 over next gen) and books will all be part of this universe and will be interconnected.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#4HypnoCooshPosted 10/2/2013 11:16:33 AM
zerooo0 posted...
I hope they don't do the FPS/TPS hybrid switching thing. Either just let me play in FPS or TPS view.

Biggest reason why I never finished Human Revolution is because the switching would bother me some odd reason. My eyes could never really adjust to it constantly going from FPS to TPS.

God I hope they don't take away the FPS\TPS function that was the best part! Get your eyes check man!
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#5Vivaldi7Posted 10/2/2013 11:17:36 AM
This has the stench of online multiplayer all over...

Gone atmosphere..... :(
---
---
"Saxon = joke account - I might put that in my sig." - MrXbox360_2012
#6IminyourclosetPosted 10/2/2013 11:19:38 AM(edited)
Vivaldi7 posted...
This has the stench of online multiplayer all over...

Again, Universe isn't to do with the game, just the background.

There's nothing here to suggest online multiplayer, they didn't give any info about the game or its direction
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#7coltsfan4ever31Posted 10/2/2013 11:19:52 AM
Sounds interesting. But I want to know more before I get too hyped up.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#8zerooo0Posted 10/2/2013 1:23:02 PM
HypnoCoosh posted...
zerooo0 posted...

God I hope they don't take away the FPS\TPS function that was the best part! Get your eyes check man!

Got 20/20 eyes. I just couldn't adjust to the FPS/TPS view. I don't want them to fully take it out as obviously some loved it, I just wish they would have given us an option on which view we could permanently play as or if you wanted to do the hybrid view.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.