Microsoft: Numbers STILL don't matter, we did it for the lulz.

#1embrandedonePosted 10/2/2013 10:26:15 AM
http://n4g.com/news/1365973/microsoft-xbox-one-gpu-clockspeed-increased-because-we-can

Some of the comments are hilarious.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#2aiyobroPosted 10/2/2013 10:31:14 AM(edited)
Mountain Dew. Doritos. Foosball. Dabblers. T.V.

2-3 fps is a big deal when you're barely knocking out 30fps by launch

I'm happy.
#3NeoMonkPosted 10/2/2013 10:31:33 AM
They can't lie about it anymore it's over man
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#4kyncaniPosted 10/2/2013 10:39:28 AM(edited)
It's a bad decision.

They were already behind the PS4 and PC. Now they increase the clock speed and are still behind the PS4 and PC.

After the disastrous Red Ring Of Death, who the hell thought overclocking the GPU was a great idea ?
#5aiyobroPosted 10/2/2013 10:42:26 AM
Ps4 going to have some ridiculous speed now
#6aiyobroPosted 10/2/2013 10:43:43 AM
kyncani posted...
It's a bad decision.

They were already behind the PS4 and PC. Now they increase the clock speed and are still behind the PS4 and PC.

After the disastrous Red Ring Of Death, who the hell thought overclocking the GPU was a great idea ?

The RROD was because of a X-joint plate thing not staying in place and the thermal paste wasn't right and would liquify.

You could just rescrew it normally and then cook the mother board for the paste to re center and everything would be fine. 35 cent repair
#7kyncaniPosted 10/2/2013 11:06:30 AM(edited)
aiyobro posted...
kyncani posted...
It's a bad decision.

The RROD was because of a X-joint plate thing not staying in place and the thermal paste wasn't right and would liquify.

You could just rescrew it normally and then cook the mother board for the paste to re center and everything would be fine. 35 cent repair

Yes but you don't overclock something unless you're looking for performance.
And they're not looking for performance since they were behind the PS4 and PC and are still behind.

The RROD was one of the worse Xbox 360 problems so it's not like their engineering has been foolproof so far.
Why don't they just design a solid console this time ? Bringing in more heat is counterproductive.

If it does not bring anything to the table except some potential failure, don't do it I say.
#8aiyobroPosted 10/2/2013 11:09:15 AM(edited)
50mhz is nothing my friend would downright abuse his stuff if he had the right fan,I'm talking like celsious.

They said already the x1 could be powered on for like 20 years or something. The difference on temperature is negligable ps4 is doing the same, that's why they haven't said anything. If you notice x1 is doing all the marketing coming from system specs and hardware, unboxings etc.
#9HypnoCooshPosted 10/2/2013 11:14:31 AM
Seems like a bad idea to overclock the bone after the whole RROD issues last gen.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#10aiyobroPosted 10/2/2013 11:16:19 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
Seems like a bad idea to overclock the bone after the whole RROD issues last gen.

You don't get it though, they are making the factory settings, there is no overclocking involved. It's their optimization of debugging and speed.