Microsoft: Numbers STILL don't matter, we did it for the lulz.

#31ManInGorillaSutPosted 10/2/2013 4:05:25 PM
Alivath posted...
Last time I checked Microsoft know what they're doing with xbox... some of you on the other hand.. don't. unless you work for MS.

Yes MS knows what they're doing, thats why Xbone pre-orders are outselling the PS4 and they haven't done any policy reversals concerning-- oh wait.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#32chrish909Posted 10/2/2013 4:44:06 PM
Itt:fanboys pretend to know what they are talking abput

This is the most desperate topic yet. Ps2 had about 130 million users, xbox had about 30 million. Ps3 had about 70 mill and 360 had about 70 mill.The Xbox community is growing while the playstation community is shrinking , the evidence is clear as day. Xbox came out of no where and basically took over the console industry, they have only been around for about 12 or 13 years and they are competing with nintendo and sony. Im pretty sure the people at xbox know what they are doing, and random nobodies on the internet dont.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#33ManInGorillaSutPosted 10/2/2013 6:02:06 PM
chrish909 posted...
Itt:fanboys pretend to know what they are talking abput.

Thanks for aptly describing everything you posted after this sentence.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#34reincarnator07Posted 10/3/2013 6:51:26 AM
chrish909 posted...
Itt:fanboys pretend to know what they are talking abput

This is the most desperate topic yet. Ps2 had about 130 million users, xbox had about 30 million. Ps3 had about 70 mill and 360 had about 70 mill.The Xbox community is growing while the playstation community is shrinking , the evidence is clear as day. Xbox came out of no where and basically took over the console industry, they have only been around for about 12 or 13 years and they are competing with nintendo and sony. Im pretty sure the people at xbox know what they are doing, and random nobodies on the internet dont.

How about we put some of those numbers in context? There were many that got a PS2 just as a DVD player, since it was cheaper than most at the time, similar to how many got a PS3 as a Blu Ray player (and now a Netflix machine). They would be unlikely to get another console, since the PS2 did what was needed, and DVD players became very affordable.

Next, the 360 came out a year ahead of the others and had a fairly good launch. The PS3 had a horrible launch lineup was was stupidly priced. Sony ****ed up good. Even with that, they couldn't beat Sony in worldwide sales, and they both fell short of the Wii.

Finally, the reveal of the X1 was disastrous, and they're still dealing with the fallout from all the poor PR. It was also clear they were caught off guard by how powerful (relatively speaking) the PS4 is. Everyone sees them as charging more and offering less. Maybe the X1 has more to offer, but they haven't sold anyone on this. On the one hand, they keep trying to tell us performance doesn't matter, on the other they keep trying to squeeze every little bit out of the X1, even overclocking it. That shows that they're actually concerned by this.

Many Xbox fans are jumping ship to Sony not because they like them, but because MS has screwed up so badly in comparison. Perhaps you shouldn't dismiss those "random nobodies on the internet", since they were likely the hardcore fans that would actually buy a launch console, even from MS.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#35NeoAndurilPosted 10/3/2013 6:56:40 AM
Trying to reason with xb1 trolls like chrish is a waste of time. He's here to deliberately annoy people. That's it. He doesn't actually believe his own lies.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#36youngskillzPosted 10/3/2013 7:06:25 AM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
Yes MS knows what they're doing, thats why Xbone pre-orders are outselling the PS4 and they haven't done any policy reversals concerning-- oh wait.

lol..
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.