You know what would make Xbox Live even better?

#1Ramsus082Posted 10/2/2013 12:13:21 PM
Copy PSN a little. I prefer Xbox Live for as long as I'm paying money for multiplayer anyway, but it's not perfect. PSN implemented many concepts that Live did first, and it got a lot better for it. Microsoft could still benefit from lifting an idea or two from it's competitors, because they've taken a whole lot more than that.

Live should turn the console on at a time set by myself, scan my console for system updates, run through my game library for patches, and automatically download them for me and shut itself off after completion so they're ready for me when I get home. Even automatically upload my game saves to the cloud, which is really convenient so that I'm not always wondering which storage device to select and if my saves are matched.

Also, if I don't want to pay for Live, I should be able to select at least one non-gaming app that I can use without paying for Gold. If I wanted to use it as mostly a media hub and don't want to play multiplayer at all, Gold's value is in the access to content that I don't have. I know it sounds like an entitled consumer, but I want to be given incentives to pay money for a service, not obligated to.

They should also allow partial downloads of pre-ordered games. I'd like to be able to pre-order something, download 95-99% of it's code, and finish the last of it within minutes so I'm ready to play. PS4/X1 games are going to be huge, and it's probably not enough that they allow us to start it up while it's downloading, considering that some titles(Killzone) are already around 50GB......I don't know how long that would take on your connection, but I'd rather not have to deal with it if I can avoid it.

Just a few suggestions or improvement. Some may already be coming, for all I know.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#2TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/2/2013 12:14:47 PM
You don't get it. The point of Gold is to make far more money than it costs to run XBL infrastructure, not to please the little peon consumers.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#3Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 12:17:22 PM(edited)
I get what the point is, I didn't wake up today and hear the new buzz-word "capitalism", I'm asking from a consumer perspective. Bottom up, not top down.

*EDIT....and I'm not a peon, I spent $7 on Xbox content last month not including my subscription fee, so I'm clearly a platinum member they need to keep happy.
---
#4Skynet82997Posted 10/2/2013 12:17:32 PM
Good ideas - I would be for all of that.

Sounds great.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5Exodus_PrimePosted 10/2/2013 12:18:49 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
You don't get it. The point of Gold is to make far more money than it costs to run XBL infrastructure, not to please the little peon consumers.

That's exactly how Microsoft made profit from the 360 gen by having Gold sub, why do you think Sony will be charging for online this coming gen. Also I always will prefer Live over PSN (I have both calm down fanboys) free games doesn't automatically mean better online service which is why I play online and pay for GOLD, not because of the social media apps that I use maybe 15 times the last 3 years. I would rather pay for the service that is known for the great online service than for it's free games offer, heck if were going that route you better advertise GameFly TC it has a better deal than PSN for renting games.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#6Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 12:21:37 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...

That's exactly how Microsoft made profit from the 360 gen by having Gold sub, why do you think Sony will be charging for online this coming gen. Also I always will prefer Live over PSN (I have both calm down fanboys) free games doesn't automatically mean better online service which is why I play online and pay for GOLD, not because of the social media apps that I use maybe 15 times the last 3 years. I would rather pay for the service that is known for the great online service than for it's free games offer, heck if were going that route you better advertise GameFly TC it has a better deal than PSN for renting games.

That's my feeling as well. It's easier to tell Microsoft "Hey, you should add these couple features to your service" than it is to tell Sony "Hey, great features, but could you completely upgrade your infrastructure?"
---
#7sexbonePosted 10/2/2013 12:21:39 PM
with now ms provides dedicated servers, xbl has it's values increased
+ your idea if they listen, it will be even better
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.
#8Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 12:32:59 PM
Another Live incentive they could add, and I brought this up months ago in another thread I made, but they should think about discounting their digital offerings. Maybe $5 off digitial game purchases, or exclusive DLC for digital downloaded titles? This would benefit us obviously by helping us save money on our purchases, and it would help Microsoft by accumulating way more XboxLive traffic(people who buy content, watch ads) and get people ready for the "all digital" future that the industry is heading toward. It would also, in all likelihood, curb the second-hand market to a large degree or at least slow the amount of games making their way to a gamestop aisle near you.
---
#9Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 5:12:03 PM
bump
---
#10BudWisenheimerPosted 10/2/2013 5:15:42 PM
Apparently we will be able to weed out (most) kids from our XBL multiplayer as well. If that video is correct. HUGE!