You know what would make Xbox Live even better?

#11Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 4:28:59 PM
If I have to play online multiplayer, I stick to party chat. You couldn't pay me to willingly dip my toe into the cesspool of an online gaming community. Nothing but terrible experiences.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#12BudWisenheimerPosted 10/2/2013 4:36:41 PM(edited)
Ramsus082 posted...
If I have to play online multiplayer, I stick to party chat. You couldn't pay me to willingly dip my toe into the cesspool of an online gaming community. Nothing but terrible experiences.

That's why I love racing games online. People playing those are usually a better crowd. They talk more but they just shoot the s***. And they also play other stuff too. Built my List mostly from those. Hooey actually taught me that trick years ago. Although I tried it with Wipeout on PS3 and that was a dud. No one talked at all.
#13Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 4:46:58 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

That's why I love racing games online. People playing those are usually a better crowd. They talk more but they just shoot the s***. And they also play other stuff too. Built my List mostly from those. Hooey actually taught me that trick years ago. Although I tried it with Wipeout on PS3 and that was a dud. No one talked at all.

I don't play racing games, but niche titles bring in more mellow crowds I've noticed, too. I'm obsessed with NBA ball despite being an ex-pat and you'd think it would be a ****-talking crowd online because it's a popular sport, but instead you get a bunch of like-minded nerds who want to spend the entire match talking about the latest trade gossip and stuff. I imagine racing titles are like that, too. Just a bunch of nerds, nerding-out about their favourite hobby, happy to be in the same place with their peers.

Hit and miss, I guess.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#14ht02135Posted 10/2/2013 6:31:53 PM
you dont get it do you? Microsoft Xbone is always 'top down' little guy bend over for Xbone :p
#15BudWisenheimerPosted 10/3/2013 10:20:47 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

I don't play racing games, but niche titles bring in more mellow crowds I've noticed, too. I'm obsessed with NBA ball despite being an ex-pat and you'd think it would be a ****-talking crowd online because it's a popular sport, but instead you get a bunch of like-minded nerds who want to spend the entire match talking about the latest trade gossip and stuff. I imagine racing titles are like that, too. Just a bunch of nerds, nerding-out about their favourite hobby, happy to be in the same place with their peers.

Hit and miss, I guess.

The cool thing is that driving is ubiquitous so the conversations are about anything and everything. And the participants have a lot of range.
#16Satchmo25Posted 10/3/2013 10:38:41 AM
Oh please no. What makes XBL consistently better than PSN is that it is NOT like PSN. We don't need that much maintenance and loose security and fewer features. This is the reason PSN has spent all last gen trying to be more like XBL.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#17TheRealPhattyJPosted 10/3/2013 10:45:39 AM
People are still trying to pretend that the peer-to-peer multiplayer connection they have, which has nothing to do with xboxlive or PSN in any way, is "better" than the exact same peer-to-peer connection people on PSN have? The hilarity continues ;)