Power of the Cloud? just look at how GTA Onlines cloud is doing....

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 10/2/2013 12:14:18 PM
Forte_Soldado posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
I keep reading complaints from folks regarding GTA:O, but I have yet to have any issues. I played about 5 hours on XBL trouble free last night, and an hour this morning.

It seems that I should consider myself lucky.

You're one out of ten.

That's what I hear. I hope they iron out the kinks soon, for other's sake. The game is brilliant fun online.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#12Cowboy082288Posted 10/2/2013 12:20:55 PM
Lefty128k posted...
bob15x posted...
xtacb posted...
Infinite power of the cloud? just look how GTA Onlines cloud computing/servers are doing

You can't compare cloud run by rockstar to cloud run by Microsoft or even sony.

Oh, poor diminished Sony. Destined to be the "even this company" choice due to it's poor-cousin cloud.

Pulls up www.gaikai.com and reads it.

Hmmmmmm, well this is a predicament.

It says Sony owns a Guinness World Record holding Cloud system that has seen more visitors in a single month than the entire XBL membership.

Please don't compare gaikai to the big players in the cloud services world.

http://gigaom.com/2012/03/14/amazon-is-no-1-whos-next-in-cloud-computing/

I swear it's like most gamers had never heard of it till that MS rep used the word 'Cloud' at the X1 reveal.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#13MRL3G3NDPosted 10/2/2013 12:33:01 PM
Theres a funny spoof commercial about "The Cloud" on one of the radio stations on GTAV.

"Everyones personal data in 1 place...what could possibly go wrong!"

LMAO
They do a good job at making the ridiculous look ridiculouser
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#14Lefty128kPosted 10/2/2013 12:40:41 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
bob15x posted...
xtacb posted...
Infinite power of the cloud? just look how GTA Onlines cloud computing/servers are doing

Oh, poor diminished Sony. Destined to be the "even this company" choice due to it's poor-cousin cloud.

It says Sony owns a Guinness World Record holding Cloud system that has seen more visitors in a single month than the entire XBL membership.

I swear it's like most gamers had never heard of it till that MS rep used the word 'Cloud' at the X1 reveal.

No one was talking about Amazon, or who the biggest cloud is. Only Xbone and PS4 cloud services and how they compare to each other.

It's funny how you can't defend MS on it's own merits and have to bring in a company that doesn't even produce video games or consoles.
#15Cowboy082288Posted 10/2/2013 12:52:21 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
bob15x posted...
xtacb posted...

No one was talking about Amazon, or who the biggest cloud is. Only Xbone and PS4 cloud services and how they compare to each other.

It's funny how you can't defend MS on it's own merits and have to bring in a company that doesn't even produce video games or consoles.

Did you not go to the link? MS is listed on there. I think right now MS is the 3rd largest cloud services provider by market share. Point is that MS has by far the largest cloud infrastructure in the video game industry. Unless a company like google or Amazon want to get involved thats just the way it is.

That being said, I'm not trying to defend MS, I'm optimistic on this cloud stuff for gaming but also a bit skeptical. I think MS claiming that it can improve graphics is a borderline lie. As for a lot of the other stuff that's been talked about well..... we have to see it in execution before we can say one way or the other. For now it's all just words.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#16crucialPosted 10/2/2013 1:31:57 PM
It can only improve graphics by putting most of the memory on the cloud service while freeing up space for them to improve the graphics off the console,all the cloud really is,is more space for them to work with,like they could put all the AI in the cloud freeing up ram to use for FX's or other thing's.

So they really can't improve the graphics per say but by them freeing up space could give them way more option's to work with,so will see bigger game's,better AI,better FX's it's up to the dev's to figure it out and work with how ever they choose.
#17mrshowtime333Posted 10/2/2013 2:32:26 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
bob15x posted...
xtacb posted...

Their services dont compare at all. Sony has no server infrastructure. They RENT servers. MS OWNS Azure. Why is this so hard for people to grasp?
#18RyuuHou25Posted 10/2/2013 2:49:15 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

Did you not go to the link? MS is listed on there. I think right now MS is the 3rd largest cloud services provider by market share. Point is that MS has by far the largest cloud infrastructure in the video game industry. Unless a company like google or Amazon want to get involved thats just the way it is.

That being said, I'm not trying to defend MS, I'm optimistic on this cloud stuff for gaming but also a bit skeptical. I think MS claiming that it can improve graphics is a borderline lie. As for a lot of the other stuff that's been talked about well..... we have to see it in execution before we can say one way or the other. For now it's all just words.

No they don't. They're listed on there because of Windows Azure. Which has f*** all to do with console gaming.

Good try though!! Come back next week :D
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#19RyuuHou25Posted 10/2/2013 2:50:47 PM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
bob15x posted...

Their services dont compare at all. Sony has no server infrastructure. They RENT servers. MS OWNS Azure. Why is this so hard for people to grasp?

.....yeah, gonna need source on the no server infra structure there.

Also, Sony OWNS Gaikai. So....
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#20AzaneAzerPosted 10/2/2013 2:51:17 PM
Cloud down = no online

CLoud down on xb1 = no playing at all