Power of the Cloud? just look at how GTA Onlines cloud is doing....

#61DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/3/2013 10:52:30 AM
Ch3wy posted...
NeoMonk posted...
Ch3wy posted...
You were addressing me. Quote where I said it.

Too many active reassurance posts to go through ;)

Given that it was a response to a discussion we're having right now, it should be in this thread. Go ahead, quote it.

Owned... Not only did you not say it, nobody said it. He is so entrenched in his fanboyism that he is having imaginary discussions from May.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#62Pupu27Posted 10/3/2013 10:56:39 AM
Lefty128k posted...
bob15x posted...
xtacb posted...
Infinite power of the cloud? just look how GTA Onlines cloud computing/servers are doing

You can't compare cloud run by rockstar to cloud run by Microsoft or even sony.

Oh, poor diminished Sony. Destined to be the "even this company" choice due to it's poor-cousin cloud.

Pulls up www.gaikai.com and reads it.

Hmmmmmm, well this is a predicament.

It says Sony owns a Guinness World Record holding Cloud system that has seen more visitors in a single month than the entire XBL membership.

comparing Sony with one of the biggest players in the cloud business, lol. Quoting my favourite character in Pulp Fiction: " it's not in the same ballpark; damn, it' not even the same sport" :).
---
Freedom of speech is just an excuse for trolling.
#63NeoMonkPosted 10/3/2013 10:58:44 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Owned... Not only did you not say it, nobody said it.
Really? hmm...

Jeff Henshaw, group program manager of Xbox Incubation & Prototyping, claiming it quadruples it:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54748/xbox-one-specs-are-boosted-by-the-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud/

This article by digital foundry points out why nicely

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

Microsoft needs to prove its position with strong ideas and practical demonstrations. Until then, it's perhaps best not to get too carried away with the idea of a super-powered console, and there's very little evidence that Sony needs to be worried about its PS4 specs advantage being comprehensively wiped out by "the power of the cloud".

Seriously though, you guys just love to do this to yourselves LOL

Credit goes to SoulTrapper for doing the heavy lifting.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#64Ch3wyPosted 10/3/2013 11:00:04 AM
NeoMonk posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Owned... Not only did you not say it, nobody said it.
Really? hmm...

Jeff Henshaw, group program manager of Xbox Incubation & Prototyping, claiming it quadruples it:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54748/xbox-one-specs-are-boosted-by-the-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud/

This article by digital foundry points out why nicely

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

Microsoft needs to prove its position with strong ideas and practical demonstrations. Until then, it's perhaps best not to get too carried away with the idea of a super-powered console, and there's very little evidence that Sony needs to be worried about its PS4 specs advantage being comprehensively wiped out by "the power of the cloud".

Seriously though, you guys just love to do this to yourselves LOL

Credit goes to SoulTrapper for doing the heavy lifting.

That's weird I looked in those articles and I don't see anyone from this thread saying those things.

You're sure beating the hell out of that straw man, though. Congratulations.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#65DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/3/2013 11:02:59 AM
The only one who talked about that was SoulTrapper... That is pretty fail.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#66NeoMonkPosted 10/3/2013 11:03:34 AM
Ch3wy posted...
That's weird I looked in those articles and I don't see anyone from this thread saying those things.

Your entire point that the cloud power MS has promised you is based on those selling points that are

A- nonsensical
B- lies
C- outright laughable

The faster you stop trying to raise false narratives the faster we can all agree that there's nothing new here just more propaganda. Strawmans don't have facts, you just got demolished ;)
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#67DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/3/2013 11:05:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#68Ch3wyPosted 10/3/2013 11:05:35 AM
NeoMonk posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Your entire point that the cloud power MS has promised you is based on those selling points that are

A- nonsensical
B- lies
C- outright laughable

The faster you stop trying to raise false narratives the faster we can all agree that there's nothing new here just more propaganda. Strawmans don't have facts, you just got demolished ;)

You're not even making sense anymore.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#69NeoMonkPosted 10/3/2013 11:16:04 AM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...

Awwe it's so cute when a FB is cornered!

This is the downside to revisionists history.
There were endless threads a few months ago how the power of the cloud would boost performance and make graphics better... All based on propaganda from MS.

Now that it's all be debunked you

A- pretend it never happened
B- act as if you didn't partake on it
C- refuse to admit your overlords lied

It's funny to see how FBs react to facts, even more funny to see them team up like the power rangers :D
---
#70Ch3wyPosted 10/3/2013 11:18:36 AM
NeoMonk posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Awwe it's so cute when a FB is cornered!

This is the downside to revisionists history.
There were endless threads a few months ago how the power of the cloud would boost performance and make graphics better... All based on propaganda from MS.

Now that it's all be debunked you

A- pretend it never happened
B- act as if you didn't partake on it
C- reuse to admit your overlords lied

It's funny to see how FBs react to facts, even more funny to see them team up like the power rangers :D

I never agreed with those statements they made about it making the Xbox x% more powerful.

Nobody is talking about those things here. Take your meds.
---