Power of the Cloud? just look at how GTA Onlines cloud is doing....

#81SoulTrapperPosted 10/6/2013 11:55:55 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...

Wait, we went from DF to Eurogamer? Lol...

Okay, clearly you can't read.
This is the same article I posted every time and the same article you and me have both been quoting from:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

First of all, they aren't pro's at all. Second of all, DF listed a bunch of things that could be done and that was not ALL that could be done, simply what they know of. This was also back in may. I also had a second post which listed a bunch of things which I relisted and you want to ignore.

1) Pro's? What are you talking about?

2)Well than, list what can be done and let's see what is mentioned in this article.

You're the one trying to prove the cloud can improve graphics, prove it.

Basically, you take MS's word as lies and Eurogamer as absolutely true. Selective Pony logic. Also this is in respect to the PS4 spec advantage, meaning Eurogamer is still talking about the idiotic idea that it will improve graphics in all areas whereas Cloud is clearly going to benefit hugely in select areas (that may not even be graphics) while do nothing for others.

Yes, I do take their words as lies, because there is no evidence to back up their claims.
If there was, you'd have posted it by now instead of going around in a circle making stuff up.

Your logic is so full of holes and you just want to plug your ears and take speculation as fact. Not all speculation mind you. You only take HALF the speculation from the DF article and ignore the half that hurts you. Now that you realize it was a dumb idea to half read the article and post it as your source, you want to move this to something about Eurogamer instead. GG! Lets forget what DF said now! Worst part is you pretending to know anything about lighting.

What holes?

This is my "logic": Current day technological limitations do not allow the cloud to be anything other than remote data storage and dedicated servers.

This "logic" is backed up by this article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

Which concludes with this:

What's obvious at this point is that the concept of cloud computing looks uncertain and unlikely, and Microsoft needs to prove its claims with actual software.
Microsoft needs to prove its position with strong ideas and practical demonstrations. Until then, it's perhaps best not to get too carried away with the idea of a super-powered console, and there's very little evidence that Sony needs to be worried about its PS4 specs advantage being comprehensively wiped out by "the power of the cloud".

Where are the holes? Could you point them out?

Now, what exactly is your point and what is your point backed up by?
---
PSN: El_Coon
#82DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/6/2013 5:12:03 PM
SoulTrapper posted...

Wait, we went from DF to Eurogamer? Lol...

Okay, clearly you can't read.
This is the same article I posted every time and the same article you and me have both been quoting from:

First of all, they aren't pro's at all. Second of all, DF listed a bunch of things that could be done and that was not ALL that could be done, simply what they know of. This was also back in may. I also had a second post which listed a bunch of things which I relisted and you want to ignore.

1) Pro's? What are you talking about?

2)Well than, list what can be done and let's see what is mentioned in this article.

You're the one trying to prove the cloud can improve graphics, prove it.

Here is where your argument breaks down. I don't have to prove anything. I said Cloud CAN improve graphics and this is a fact. Whether MS will be able to implement any of this is what is unproven. You are the one who is getting "facts" confused. You seem to think a Eurogamer comment = fact that Cloud can't improve graphics. The burden of proof is squarely on you and so far, you have an article that says it can improve lighting, ambient effects, physics, AI, player count and so on. Some of those are less direct graphics boosts and more things that will alleviate system power for graphics.

Please don't bother trying to shift the focus. I'm not the one pretending to know the future. I only talked about possibilities which seems to get your panties in a bunch since you don't want any possibility of Cloud doing anything cool.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#83Thewinner14Posted 10/6/2013 6:59:44 PM
It's theoretically possible research at CERN is going to lead to cold fusion.

You can talk about all they hypotheticals you want, until there is real world data to corroborate it, it's unproven. I wouldn't trust what MS says, since they're trying to sell the system. In another few months we will see if the cloud can actually improve graphics or the like. Until that time though, I'm filing that claim under dubious.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#84SoulTrapperPosted 10/7/2013 12:55:53 AM

Here is where your argument breaks down. I don't have to prove anything. I said Cloud CAN improve graphics and this is a fact. Whether MS will be able to implement any of this is what is unproven. You are the one who is getting "facts" confused. You seem to think a Eurogamer comment = fact that Cloud can't improve graphics. The burden of proof is squarely on you and so far, you have an article that says it can improve lighting, ambient effects, physics, AI, player count and so on. Some of those are less direct graphics boosts and more things that will alleviate system power for graphics.

Please don't bother trying to shift the focus. I'm not the one pretending to know the future. I only talked about possibilities which seems to get your panties in a bunch since you don't want any possibility of Cloud doing anything cool.

That's exactly what I've been saying: the power of the cloud isn't realistically possible because of technological restrictions (bandwidth).

The article I posted says those things are theoretically possible, but not practically possible at this point in time due to technological limitations.

This means the power of the cloud won't improve anything on the xbox.

Glad to see you finally admitting this.
---
#85DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/7/2013 7:09:35 AM
I've always admitted that there were limitations. However, the article lists many things that the Cloud can do to improve graphics that is REASONABLE.

You just can't admit that anything can be improved by cloud because you think that its gonna hurt your precious Sony, since according to Digital Foundry, that 50% boost in power is more like 24% boost in performance, some of which will be eliminated if Cloud offloads anything strenuous to the system such as AI, physics, ambient effects, player count and light.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#86SoulTrapperPosted 10/7/2013 1:40:30 PM
I've always admitted that there were limitations. However, the article lists many things that the Cloud can do to improve graphics that is REASONABLE.

You just can't admit that anything can be improved by cloud because you think that its gonna hurt your precious Sony, since according to Digital Foundry, that 50% boost in power is more like 24% boost in performance, some of which will be eliminated if Cloud offloads anything strenuous to the system such as AI, physics, ambient effects, player count and light.

The article says none of those things are possible and that Microsoft has to actually prove they are:

What's obvious at this point is that the concept of cloud computing looks uncertain and unlikely, and Microsoft needs to prove its claims with actual software.

That's all the article says.

Theoretically, the cloud can do all those things, in reality it can't do anything outside of providing dedicated servers and storing data.

And it's not "my precious sony", sony has nothing to do with this, stop trying to deflect.

And again, you make the claim it will offload things, prove it.
The article clearly says it's not possible.
---
#87DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/8/2013 6:29:11 AM
No actually, it does say they are POSSIBLE... You are really losing it. You are confusing possible with "confirmed".
---
#88SoulTrapperPosted 10/8/2013 6:33:47 AM(edited)
No actually, it does say they are POSSIBLE... You are really losing it. You are confusing possible with "confirmed".

Possible in theory, not practically possible.

Big difference.

It's theoretically possible to fly to a nearby habitable planet and build a colony.

It's not practically possible due to current day technological limitations.

It's possible for cloud computing to improve games in theory.

It's not possible in practice due to current day technological limitations.
---
#89DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/8/2013 7:41:50 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

Possible in theory, not practically possible.

Big difference.

Yet for the purpose of this argument, it makes no difference because your quote still in no way says that any graphical improvement is practically impossible.
---
#90SoulTrapperPosted 10/8/2013 7:49:13 AM

Yet for the purpose of this argument, it makes no difference because your quote still in no way says that any graphical improvement is practically impossible.

It isn't.
There is no way the cloud servers over at MS can be used to improve the graphics of your xbox at home.

There is no evidence of this actually happening and no games will be using it so far, so until MS actually shows that cloud computing can do those things for your xbox games, I don't believe it is possible.
---