Still can't decide which one game to get at launch

#1jmitnickPosted 10/2/2013 4:31:23 PM
Alright, so I've got a really good PC, so the multiplat stuff like AC4, Watchdogs, Battlefield 4, I'm just going to get on that. But I'm definitely getting Xbox One on launch day and already have it paid off.

I can't decide which Xbox One launch game to get though. Should I just wait till after the release for reviews and decide then? Do you still get the various Day One bonuses even if you don't preorder stuff? I mean I have no clue if Forza 5, Ryse, or Dead Rising 3 will be any good.
---
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
#2saiyankakarotoPosted 10/2/2013 4:38:05 PM
Well im getting ryse,it looks really cool
#3True_FoeHammerPosted 10/2/2013 4:40:07 PM
If you already have a gaming PC, I'd wait. The quality of launch titles are dubious at best; being forced out early to meet an arbitrary date and all. Not just for the X1, all consoles.
#4MrImpatient35Posted 10/2/2013 4:40:59 PM
Well that's a tough one, not knowing your tastes. I'd go with Dead Rising 3. Looks like a game that I'd play twice. Once on the regular difficulty, then again on the harder nightmare mode, with the timer.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#5jmitnick(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 4:45:38 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
If you already have a gaming PC, I'd wait. The quality of launch titles are dubious at best; being forced out early to meet an arbitrary date and all. Not just for the X1, all consoles.

Well the reason I'm still gonna pick it up is that I highly doubt there will be a price drop any time soon...probably not for a few years, so why not pick it up now? Also it does some really cool things that my PC doesn't do...ie. I can come home and just say "Xbox on, Xbox netflix, Xbox play breaking bad", or other cool stuff like the Fitness p90x thing.

I'm just a little dubious on the games right now...
---
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
#6dengeistPosted 10/3/2013 5:22:18 AM
jmitnick posted...
Alright, so I've got a really good PC, so the multiplat stuff like AC4, Watchdogs, Battlefield 4, I'm just going to get on that. But I'm definitely getting Xbox One on launch day and already have it paid off.

I can't decide which Xbox One launch game to get though. Should I just wait till after the release for reviews and decide then? Do you still get the various Day One bonuses even if you don't preorder stuff? I mean I have no clue if Forza 5, Ryse, or Dead Rising 3 will be any good.

I was undecided a couple of months ago, even made a couple of posts about it. I chose and preordered the x1 for the following reasons.

1) I like the 360 better than the PS3. 360 was never hacked and down for an extended length of time. I like the UI better, Microsoft gets many of the games and updates first whereas you have to wait a month or so with PS3. I like the controller better.

2) Fanboys crack me up. "PS3 is moar powerfulz" "PS3 doesn't needz to be hooked up to teh interwebz" "the xbonez can spy on u....lolz"

Here's what I say to all of that. The pS3 was supposed to be more powerful than the 360, you could barely see the difference. You can't and won't now either. At this point in the game if you're still playing single player games without internet connectivity solely, both companies are ripping you off. Yeah, the kinect has a camera and could possibly see what you're doing, but so could HDTV (remember that?). So yeah, the NSA has nothing better to do besides spy on a 17 year old kid drinking Code Red, cussing at the screen or some overweight 25 year old living in moms basement, gaming in his undies.

If the PS 4 has douche bags like this playing it, I definitely had to get X1. It became a no brainer for me.
#7CyberneticRatPosted 10/3/2013 5:32:12 AM
If I were you, I'd go for established franchises. New IPs like Ryse can go either way. With Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5, you can 'expect' the same quality as previous titles (if you liked Dead Rising or Forza to begin with that is).
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#8DyingPancakePosted 10/3/2013 6:22:38 AM
Out of all the games coming out I'm looking forward to Battlefield 4 the most, but as far as exclusives go Dead Rising 3 has everything beat
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#9ianthegamerPosted 10/3/2013 6:43:28 AM
Sounds like you didnt need an xbox yet.
I say get a 360 game you have been wanting to play and wait till there is something you want.
---
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.
#10mike468Posted 10/3/2013 6:54:16 AM
jmitnick posted...
Do you still get the various Day One bonuses even if you don't preorder stuff? I mean I have no clue if Forza 5, Ryse, or Dead Rising 3 will be any good.

I think they said with Forza that the Day 1 exclusive content will be available to purchase digitally for up 5 days after the game & system launch. I'm not sure if you're required to buy the full digital package though to get them, or if they will be separate. Like if you bought a standard retail copy because the LE version was sold out and wanted to upgrade to the LE version digitally when you got home.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board