So this day one update...

#31embrandedonePosted 10/4/2013 12:28:21 PM
We've come a long way. Download a patch otherwise you've bought a 499 paper weight.

Progress.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#32EllesarienPosted 10/4/2013 12:35:55 PM
I'm not running a Meth lab or a human trafficking ring from my house so I guess I am just one of those living in the 21st century that understand the reality of the world we live in.

They want to spy on me playing Forza...OK...Give me tips on cornering then....
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#33Ramsus082Posted 10/4/2013 12:45:57 PM
khardbored posted...

I am not sure how this works.
You're saying that if we knew and actively thought about all the spying, real or hypothetical, that goes on in our lives, that we would tear our hair out and be too paranoid?

No, I'm saying that while the argument "Well, your laptop and phone have a camera...why aren't you scared of THOSE!?" might make some sense logically, it's hard to live comfortably while being paranoid about every single device you own. But when you know, with a100% certainty that the company behind the product you're using spies on it's consumers....it's a lot harder to ignore.

I don't know if the manufacturer of my laptop or my cellphone spies on it's consumers. I do know that the manufacturer of my Xbox does. With the former, I can curb my paranoia, but it's harder to do with the latter.

I guess I really am the minority here who wouldn't give two flying f words if the Kinect spied on me 24 hours a day and I knew that the footage was actually being watched, used, laughed at, etc. Chances are, I'll never even know it happened.

You seem to be in the majority, actually. Most people buying an XboxOne just don't seem concerned about Kinect's potential for abuse. I'm not making a judgement with that, just an observation. Not everyone cares equally about the same issues.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#34Ramsus082Posted 10/4/2013 12:52:20 PM(edited)
crynryan posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
But laptops have cameras too. That makes everything Microsoft is doing and will ever do okay.

Not to mention the camera and GPS in your pocket. People seem to forget about those quite frequently.

Cannon and Garmin don't spy on their consumers for the US government, or at least not to anyone's knowledge. Should we be just as critical of products from companies not confirmed to be spying as companies that are? That doesn't seem realistic.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#35crucialPosted 10/4/2013 2:31:17 PM
And you need a HD tv as well as broad band,oh and if you are concerned about spying with Kinect 2.0 then turn it off,it's that simple and is an option and have said that months ago,I cant believe people are still talking about this since everything you own can spy on you,PC's have been doing for over a decade,camera phone's,there is probably a camera spying on you when you walk out of you're house,Sprint,Verizan,At and T and T mobile are all spying on you right now.

We live in a police state now folk's get use to it.
#36NeoMonkPosted 10/4/2013 2:51:18 PM
s2good posted...
If people don't have Internet is this day and age then, they don't deserve a next gen console.

%90 of the world called...
Well they would but they don't have phones either...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#37Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 3:07:02 PM
crucial posted...
And you need a HD tv as well as broad band,oh and if you are concerned about spying with Kinect 2.0 then turn it off,it's that simple and is an option and have said that months ago,I cant believe people are still talking about this since everything you own can spy on you,PC's have been doing for over a decade,camera phone's,there is probably a camera spying on you when you walk out of you're house,Sprint,Verizan,At and T and T mobile are all spying on you right now.

We live in a police state now folk's get use to it.

If you read the first post, you would've known that I told people to simply not use the Kinect 2.0.

I'm aware of this.

And LOL at every ignorant person that literally takes this position: "We're already being watched so it's okay."

So if a stalker were in your window right now, admitted that they've been watching you for months so you'd just shrug and say, "Well you've been doing it for a while so it's okay."

Grow a spine. People don't stand up for anything these days as long as they're entertained right?

I believe Machiavelli said, "If you want to control the masses, keep them entertained."

To all of those who excuse this kind of activity with the reasoning of "Well it's already happening, oh well..." Go play your games now, that's all you'll ever need. I can't really see people as passive as you changing the world in a good way anyways...

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#38FoppePosted 10/5/2013 1:10:44 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
I don't know if the manufacturer of my laptop or my cellphone spies on it's consumers. I do know that the manufacturer of my Xbox does. With the former, I can curb my paranoia, but it's harder to do with the latter.

NSA already confirmed that they used to track every cellphone.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC