The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Top X1 features (video)

#1MrImpatient35Posted 10/2/2013 4:53:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGdrx3aaHgU

This video is 11:35 long. I haven't watched it yet, but I figured it would be good enough to share. The last video he did on the cloud, months ago, was great, so I figure this will be too.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2BudWisenheimerPosted 10/2/2013 5:10:13 PM
If that's true about eliminating kids from my XBL multiplayer then hot ****ing damn! :-)
#3MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 5:24:41 PM
Points made are as follows:

* The impulse triggers is the bggest change to an already loved controller. The rumble is also on your fingertips now, which is the most sensitive area on your hand.

* Smart matchmaking. Your online matches can search for matches based on several things, including age, skill level, etc. Also, if you're a "bad" or annoying player, you'll likely be filtered out of your matchmaking searches.

* Cloud. MS have been HEAVILY investing in cloud technology, and they have these farms damn near everywhere, so chances are that you're close to one. Also, MS will be offering their dedicated servers to devs for next to nothing, so MOST games should have dedicated servers.

* Kinect. People usually think Kinect 2 will fail because the first one did. That's a silly comment to make. It's a COMPLETELY different beast than the first one. It can now see in the dark. It can see your heartbeat, which might be used in horror games. It can see a lot more, and do a lot more than the first Kinect. You can also choose not to plug it in if you want. I know some people loved that. If you do something cool that you want to save, you can just say XBOX SAVE, and it'll save, no menus or nothing. You can also scan yourself into games that let you do that, like that umm...Kinect sports?

* Every X1 is a dev kit. You have access to every aspect of the console. Kinect, the cloud, etc.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#4regsantotomasPosted 10/2/2013 5:26:36 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
If that's true about eliminating kids from my XBL multiplayer then hot ****ing damn! :-)

If Microsoft can actually solve this issue, I may actually consider playing multiplayer with strangers.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 5:28:49 PM
Searching by age is good, but I'd rather search by skill level. I HATE playing games with people who are horrible. I'd rather them be on the other team, and the teams be uneven.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#6regsantotomasPosted 10/2/2013 5:49:33 PM(edited)
MrImpatient35 posted...
Searching by age is good, but I'd rather search by skill level. I HATE playing games with people who are horrible. I'd rather them be on the other team, and the teams be uneven.

I guess my biggest concern is matching me up with people simply looking to have fun without being d-bags online. I like to win but having fun is more important than being competitive - to me.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#7MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 5:49:45 PM
Well to put it simply, XBL can now filter out the trolls, so that shouldn't be a problem.
---
Dost thou even hoist?