Just cancelled my Xbox One preorder

#21EllesarienPosted 10/3/2013 7:57:36 AM
I put gas in my car this morning and picked up a sausage breakfast sandwich.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#22axelfooley2k5Posted 10/3/2013 8:02:15 AM
rusty12000 posted...
This is the first generation of Xbox that I didn't pre-order. I think Microsoft lost a lot of fans.

I would have preordered ........I liked 360 more than ps3
But its obvious Microsoft has gone off the tracks
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#23MRL3G3NDPosted 10/3/2013 8:06:42 AM
rusty12000 posted...
This is the first generation of Xbox that I didn't pre-order. I think Microsoft lost a lot of fans.

hell yeah...don't know wtf they were thinking

let this be a lesson for aspiring business people

MS dragged their ass to the next Gen because they were/are making so much money this gen.

Sony was ready a long time ago to wipe the slate clean and start all over; so they forced MS to get back in the lab and compete.

MS did no market research what so ever...they went in the lab and made something that benefitted them...and now they expect us to pay for it.

You don't insult your consumer base, then turn around and beg them to buy your stuff...MS was quoted as saying "Gaming is no longer only for sweaty 30 y/o's in metallica shirts" effectively alienating their most loyal demography...core gamers.

They tried to go the cheap route like Nintendo, but they forgot to add fun and innovation to their product...what they came up with is a weak system...forza, halo and fable will not MOVE systems..these three exclusives cannot carry the xb1

No one...absolutely no one has anything good to say about Kinect..yet they charge you an extra $100 for it...making the xb1 an expensive underpowered contender for next gen.

If you would like to Trojan NuAds to us at least give us a good reason to have Kinect...there is nor will their ever be a AAA game for Kinect...

I'm a MS fan but I'm mature enough to know that they screwed up majorly...

I can buy BF4 & Watchdogs on PC, and I'll get an xbox 1 when they go on sale next spring MAYBE...if they don't have any games... I'll still be gaming on my PC with my xbox 360 controller
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#24Dev445Posted 10/3/2013 8:15:22 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Dev445 posted...
xHughJasx posted...
Your reasoning, Tc, is just weird. You don't believe in the cloud because of Rockstars cloud service... O... K...

Same here what does that have to do with XB1

Rockstar has showed me that the Cloud isn't as reliable as MS wants us to believe. It's called learning from others' mistakes. I mean I could always point to RROD if you want a mistake that specifically belongs to MS. I was willing to overlook that but this Cloud thing is just another nail in the coffin they're trying to pull themselves out of.

I just can't see how you pass judgement on something off of someone else's work. That's all I'm saying.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#25reincarnator07Posted 10/3/2013 10:03:35 AM
Dev445 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Dev445 posted...
xHughJasx posted...
Your reasoning, Tc, is just weird. You don't believe in the cloud because of Rockstars cloud service... O... K...

Rockstar has showed me that the Cloud isn't as reliable as MS wants us to believe. It's called learning from others' mistakes. I mean I could always point to RROD if you want a mistake that specifically belongs to MS. I was willing to overlook that but this Cloud thing is just another nail in the coffin they're trying to pull themselves out of.

I just can't see how you pass judgement on something off of someone else's work. That's all I'm saying.

GTA online is only the most recent online disaster. Have you ever been around an MMO launch or major patch? SWTOR was pretty bad. WoW:WotLK was pretty much unplayable for a while. RMR for Eve Online (this is going back quite a ways) pretty much borked the game for a week. They ended up giving a week of extra subscription time for that one.

Perhaps MS will finally be the ones to make such a service work. Most people remain skeptical though.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#26bob15xPosted 10/3/2013 10:16:21 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
Dev445 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Dev445 posted...
xHughJasx posted...

GTA online is only the most recent online disaster. Have you ever been around an MMO launch or major patch? SWTOR was pretty bad. WoW:WotLK was pretty much unplayable for a while. RMR for Eve Online (this is going back quite a ways) pretty much borked the game for a week. They ended up giving a week of extra subscription time for that one.

Perhaps MS will finally be the ones to make such a service work. Most people remain skeptical though.

there is a huge difference though. Everything you mention was built specifically for those games and only those games and were created alongside the game.

Azure was built years ago, is established and does a lot more than just cloud for xbox live.

to compare rockstars cloud to Azure is being dumb, on so many levels.
#27AtheistaticPosted 10/3/2013 10:39:50 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
For now I just won't go next gen. Xbox One is definitely out of the cards and I won't get the PS4 until I see how others feel about it.

Seeing how the Cloud is so heavily emphasized with the One, I don't feel like it'll be a reliable system after experiencing all the problems the Cloud is causing with GTA V online.

I guess Sony is extra thankful now that they see the problems that can result from heavy dependency on the Cloud. Just another problem MS has to deal with when it comes to their next console.

</blogfaqs>
Who cares...
---
There was a time when the Church ruled the world
It was called the Dark Ages
#28AtheistaticPosted 10/3/2013 10:42:24 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
Dev445 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Dev445 posted...
xHughJasx posted...

You consider a few days of downtime a disaster?
Go outside and get some fresh air...
Your life must revolve solely around video games...
---
There was a time when the Church ruled the world
It was called the Dark Ages
#29vivalabuck92Posted 10/3/2013 10:49:59 AM
I cancelled a doctor's appointment once. I didn't tell anyone because I knew no one would really care except the doctor. I think the same applies here TC.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#30xHughJasxPosted 10/3/2013 1:48:10 PM
Tc. Again. Rockstars cloud service has nothing to do with the 300000 servers ms will have on xbox one launch. At all.

And did I see you mention the rrod? I shouldnt have to explain why that's no longer a valid complaint.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks