There is actually a big difference between 900p and 1080p.

#41ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 5:23:30 PM
BilliePilgrim posted...
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
In the middle of this generation I went from 720p to a 1080p tv. I didn't notice a thing. Only fanboys looking to get a virtual upper hand care about silly things like this.

It hurt reading this. Are you trying to be funny or do you really not see why going to a 1080p screen changes nothing?

There is actually an insane number of people out there in this world wandering around with poor eyesight. They haven't been diagnosed yet and have not been fitted for glasses so they're wandering around not realizing that it's not normal for humans to have such poor visual acuity. They don't realize that human beings with normal eyesight can read text that is a great distance away or actually see the individual pixels on a screen when they look close at it.

Instead of questioning why they are having a hard time noticing things like differences in graphical fidelity or resolution and looking inwards at themselves, they just ignore the problem and post ignorant things like this because they are scared to admit to themselves that they are a flawed human being and they need to have that flaw corrected. Having to get glasses is a scary thought for a lot of people.

It's just like how there's 10 million people with undiagnosed type 2 diabetes in the United States. They have it, but they don't know it. Having to worry about your blood sugar is a scary thought so even if they notice symptoms they will just ignore them until it gets bad and they are forced to confront reality.
#42MrImpatient35Posted 10/3/2013 5:30:03 PM
Millertime660 posted...
The way my game setup is.... it wouldnt matter if it was 720p.

Kevin Hart reference? If so, lmao!
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#43SilentS89Posted 10/3/2013 5:31:51 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...
In the middle of this generation I went from 720p to a 1080p tv. I didn't notice a thing. Only fanboys looking to get a virtual upper hand care about silly things like this.

It hurt reading this. Are you trying to be funny or do you really not see why going to a 1080p screen changes nothing?

There is actually an insane number of people out there in this world wandering around with poor eyesight. They haven't been diagnosed yet and have not been fitted for glasses so they're wandering around not realizing that it's not normal for humans to have such poor visual acuity. They don't realize that human beings with normal eyesight can read text that is a great distance away or actually see the individual pixels on a screen when they look close at it.

Instead of questioning why they are having a hard time noticing things like differences in graphical fidelity or resolution and looking inwards at themselves, they just ignore the problem and post ignorant things like this because they are scared to admit to themselves that they are a flawed human being and they need to have that flaw corrected. Having to get glasses is a scary thought for a lot of people.

It's just like how there's 10 million people with undiagnosed type 2 diabetes in the United States. They have it, but they don't know it. Having to worry about your blood sugar is a scary thought so even if they notice symptoms they will just ignore them until it gets bad and they are forced to confront reality.

Not sure if true, but it would explain a lot if it was.

So many people on GameFAQs claim they can't tell 30FPS from 60FPS, I can't help but think they are borderline legally blind.
#44PowerOfTheCloudPosted 10/3/2013 6:16:40 PM
SilentS89 posted...
ZeroRaider posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...

Not sure if true, but it would explain a lot if it was.

So many people on GameFAQs claim they can't tell 30FPS from 60FPS, I can't help but think they are borderline legally blind.

It doesn't help when they are given Youtube links to 30vs60fps comparisons, when youtube is capped at 30fps itself.
---
xbone = myspace
ps4 = facebook
#45kayoticdreamzPosted 10/3/2013 6:45:07 PM
Dev445 posted...
XD computer nerds, I won't touch a game cause it has this much less pixels than it should. The cold honest truth is that the average person won't care. The only people that will care are graphic whores and PC nerds.

this. people just dont understand 95% of people wont notice the difference nor care.
#46JohnHalo343Posted 10/3/2013 7:51:47 PM
Everybody here that is throwing a tantrum about the differences are buying PS4s. Of course they will lie and tell you they can't live without 1080p 60FPS.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#47scoobydoobydontPosted 10/4/2013 2:33:15 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
Foppe posted...
So if you start a random game that you have never played on your TV, then you can directly see if it's running 900p or 1080p?
Without any side by side comparisons?

I don't believe you.

Probably. It's a question of clarity.

Probably... definitely not, liar.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#48souledge474Posted 10/4/2013 3:57:18 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
Everybody here that is throwing a tantrum about the differences are buying PS4s. Of course they will lie and tell you they can't live without 1080p 60FPS.

This.
---
Train the same brain to an insane train of thought
#49BilliePilgrimPosted 10/4/2013 6:12:04 AM
ZeroRaider posted...

I was talking more about the fact that there are people, apparently you as well, that think changing your TV resolution has any effect on the resolution your games are rendered at. If a game is being rendered at 720p, it's going to be rendered at 720p, it doesn't matter if your screen can display 1080p.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://tinyurl.com/bsdvav7
#50ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:03:49 AM(edited)
BilliePilgrim posted...
ZeroRaider posted...

I was talking more about the fact that there are people, apparently you as well, that think changing your TV resolution has any effect on the resolution your games are rendered at. If a game is being rendered at 720p, it's going to be rendered at 720p, it doesn't matter if your screen can display 1080p.

...what? No one said that at all. Quit back-peddling.

There is a huge difference when going from playing PS3/360 games on a 720p TV and a 1080p TV. They clearly look like s*** on the 1080p TV.

Then when you play some PC games at native 1080p on your 1080p TV you know why: upscaling is garbage and it always will be.

It's not unreasonable to expect this next-gen to finally match the native TV resolutions we've had for the past decade. It's ridiculous that it looks like PC gaming is still going to be the only place to get consistent 1080p gaming. Even 1080p is getting old, with us PC gamers are fixing to hop on board the 4K bandwagon next year (8 million+ pixels...) while console gamers are still going to be stuck on the 720p bandwagon apparently (fewer than 1 million pixels). It's pathetic.