Is it a foregone conclusion that Xbone will be another advertisement machine?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it a foregone conclusion that Xbone will be another advertisement machine?
2 years ago#1
First, I must clarify that I understand that it will play games, and advertisements wont prevent that. I am just looking back to how the 360 dashboard pretty much went from a non eyesore NXE/KXE to whatever the current, windows8-tablet-style ad hell it is now, and I cannot help but wonder if the new xbox will continue that trend?
---
ADMIT IT! You find me simply irresistible. You can't imagine a day passing by without me working your holes. The time you spend with me is the best of your life
2 years ago#2
It was designed with advertising in mind, They've stated that clearly.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
2 years ago#3
Nope, although thats something the Sony fanboys/trolls/weeaboos love to claim.
2 years ago#4
Yes it will
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
2 years ago#5
I can't say anything for the XB1, but I've never really understood the complaints about the 360 dashboards current set up. I only ever see one "ad" on my dashboard and it's one tiny square shoved all the way down into the corner.
2 years ago#6
It must be different in the US but here in Asia, the dashboard advertises only games.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
2 years ago#7
The dashboard is terrible now. It's like it's made for touch screens/kinect. Especially when you now have to search for games and they make you use the abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz layout instead of the popup keyboard which is way faster.
---
xbone = myspace
ps4 = facebook
2 years ago#8
I am totally fine with the ads on my 360..... they always have marketplace advertisements, but they usually are games on sale/other deals. Ive saved some moolah because of them.

+1 for ads!
2 years ago#9
It's a 'core part' of the experience. I thought this was common knowledge.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
2 years ago#10
NeoMonk posted...
It was designed with advertising in mind, They've stated that clearly.

Exactly, this isn't a conspiracy, Microsoft proudly admits this.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it a foregone conclusion that Xbone will be another advertisement machine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived