Before you choose Xbone or PS4, check this out

#11FoppePosted 10/2/2013 11:19:01 PM
Dev0311 posted...
Foppe posted...
I remember when they did the same on the Xbox 360 board, showing graphs that the Xbox 360 only had 77 GFlops while the PS3 had 230 GFlops.
They stopped with it when we started to see how worse multiplatform games were running on the PS3.

Cool. This chart helps to show why developers say PS4 is 50% faster than Xbone.

And the PS3 was 200% faster than the 360 according to the old charts.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#12lilj812Posted 10/2/2013 11:39:34 PM
Foppe posted...
I remember when they did the same on the Xbox 360 board, showing graphs that the Xbox 360 only had 77 GFlops while the PS3 had 230 GFlops.
They stopped with it when we started to see how worse multiplatform games were running on the PS3.

But they are using the same architecture this time.. so that has nothing to do with this upcoming generation.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#13METALINGUS5150Posted 10/2/2013 11:39:51 PM
This isn't the same situation as the 360/PS3.
These consoles are using the same AMD jaguar architecture.
Which means the PS4 being more powerful WILL be noticeable.
#14FoppePosted 10/2/2013 11:46:49 PM
Or they will be lazy and make the game run on the less powerful system, and then copy the code for the more powerful system.
Programmers are lazy.
Multisystem games wont have night and day differences, the biggest differences will be seen by exclusive titles, mostly firstparty titles.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#15Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 11:52:11 PM
Foppe posted...
Or they will be lazy and make the game run on the less powerful system, and then copy the code for the more powerful system.
Programmers are lazy.
Multisystem games wont have night and day differences, the biggest differences will be seen by exclusive titles, mostly firstparty titles.

Yup, PS4 1st party > Xbone 1st party
#16lilj812Posted 10/2/2013 11:57:06 PM
Foppe posted...
Programmers are lazy.

Can you name me all these lazy programmers and games they have made?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#17OandA_PestPosted 10/3/2013 12:01:48 AM
Fustmonkey posted...

I'm comfortable playing the games that I want to play, now. Not in a few years. Greatness doesn't always wait.

I want greatness now, not in a few years.

Greatness for the PS4 is coming within the first full year.

Greatness for the Xbox One will be launch. And... that's really it unfortunately.
---
Proud Pest. O and A Party Rock!
Currently playing: Grand Theft Auto 5
#18FustmonkeyPosted 10/3/2013 12:09:26 AM
OandA_Pest posted...
Fustmonkey posted...

I'm comfortable playing the games that I want to play, now. Not in a few years. Greatness doesn't always wait.

I want greatness now, not in a few years.

Greatness for the PS4 is coming within the first full year.

Greatness for the Xbox One will be launch. And... that's really it unfortunately.

So what you're saying is that it's another situation like Last Gen? We'll have to wait for Sony games, hoping that they come maybe in the first year, or at least by the second or third year?

Greatness Awaits but it doesn't put it off for years with promises.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#19FoppePosted 10/3/2013 12:22:43 AM
Dev0311 posted...
Foppe posted...
Programmers are lazy.

Yup, PS4 1st party > Xbone 1st party

Wrong.
Sony first party developers will have more power to play around with.
That is not equal to all PS4 firstparty titles being better than all Xbox One firstparty titles.
If power was the only thing that mattered, then consoles like NeoGeo, 3DO and Xbox would have outsold the PS2.
You know what, nobody would even buy consoles, everybody would only buy PC's and always having the latest PC parts. PC hardware would drop support of older standards faster than newer standards were made.
I mean, heck, we can still buy new motherboards that supports DDR2 RAM.
---
#20FustmonkeyPosted 10/3/2013 12:23:07 AM
I totally understand that you are a new account, OandA_Pest and you don't know what gamefaqs was like before July of this year or whenever you came to gamefaqs... but let me tell you how it was.

People like you would come to the xbox boards saying "you just wait... just wait. This will FINALLY be the year of the PS3 YOU JUST WAIT"

Well, no. I'm not going to "wait'.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"