---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#102Satchmo25Posted 10/4/2013 9:35:37 AM
Fustmonkey posted...
Before you choose Xbone or PS4, check this out:

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/6496/zw14.jpg

zomg so true and so funny. That's hilarious, you just won this tpic
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#103Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 9:39:34 AM
Halo_Over_All posted...
XboxWIN is going to be the better console, hands down. The psFAIL got everything they needed to build a crappy system from the Salvation ARMY and by garbage picking at dump yards. When I pick up my XboxWIN itll be much enjoyment to see incompetent morons buying the crappy throw-together system that SONY makes from being one fact and only one fact, SONY is CHEAP

Lol calm down Xbot
#104BlueJester007Posted 10/4/2013 9:47:14 AM
Red_Jester

BROOOOOOOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEER!!!!

It's been too long!

How is your progression? Did you finally get past Forsaken Province?
---
Deus Ex: Human Revelation OST Title: I Never Asked For Discs
#105GrayFulIbusterPosted 10/5/2013 9:23:11 PM
Fustmonkey posted...
Sometimes I forget that Gamefaqs is infested with little boys fighting their console wars. Then I come to the Xbox One boards and the little ponies are always there to remind, with their little infographics.

Exactly correct. Fustmonkey is exactly correct. Telling facts is fighting a little console war. When you tell the truth, you're being a SonyPony. Shame on all of you SHAME!
---
"Ice Make: Lance!"
#106IzecPosted 10/6/2013 12:36:57 AM
Foppe posted...
I remember when they did the same on the Xbox 360 board, showing graphs that the Xbox 360 only had 77 GFlops while the PS3 had 230 GFlops.
They stopped with it when we started to see how worse multiplatform games were running on the PS3.

And? PS3 was harder to develop for than 360 because of the Cell processor. Xbone is harder to develop for than PS4 because of the ESRAM.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#107FoppePosted 10/6/2013 1:21:26 AM
Izec posted...
Foppe posted...
I remember when they did the same on the Xbox 360 board, showing graphs that the Xbox 360 only had 77 GFlops while the PS3 had 230 GFlops.
They stopped with it when we started to see how worse multiplatform games were running on the PS3.

And? PS3 was harder to develop for than 360 because of the Cell processor. Xbone is harder to develop for than PS4 because of the ESRAM.

You act like the developers have never seen anything like this before...
Working with eSRAM is not much harder than working with eDRAM.
The PS2 had a extra eDRAM, Gamecube/Wii got a extra 1T-SRAM, Wii U got a extra eDRAM, the 360 got extra eDRAM...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#108youngskillzPosted 10/6/2013 1:36:31 AM
lol xboxwin.

i heard it all now.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#109SoulTrapperPosted 10/6/2013 2:07:53 AM(edited)
Foppe posted...

You act like the developers have never seen anything like this before...
Working with eSRAM is not much harder than working with eDRAM.
The PS2 had a extra eDRAM, Gamecube/Wii got a extra 1T-SRAM, Wii U got a extra eDRAM, the 360 got extra eDRAM...

It actually is a lot harder to work with, due to neither PCs nor the ps4 making use of it.

Which means devs can simply port games from their PC to PS4 with little to no adjustments needed.
While porting to the xbox one will take quite a lot of adjustments.

We've already seen this in the Battlefield 4 demos they had up at different events, where the ps4 version was running at a higher resolution than 720p for months and the xbox version was still struggling to keep at 720p.
And of course the numerous reports about the xbox being harder to work with.

Devs have worked with it before, but that's entirely besides the point.
It's that the other platforms aren't using it, which means making and porting games to a platform that has is different way of handling data is always going to be harder and more time/money consuming.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#110FoppePosted 10/6/2013 3:12:55 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
It actually is a lot harder to work with, due to neither PCs nor the ps4 making use of it.

To 95% of the developers, it doesn't matter if it's eDRAM, eSRAM, DRAM, SRAM or something else.
All they see is that it exist additional RAM to use.
They don't care how the system access it, because they already got routines taking care of it.
And looking at the XBox One architecture flowcharts that Microsoft showed at Hot Chips, it seems that the devs can forget that it even exist if they don't want to use it, just how Saturn developers didn't care to use the second CPU because it was "too hard".
And multiple CPU's use SRAM for CPU register files, internal CPU caches and external burst mode SRAM caches, etc.
...which programmers mostly don't care about, because it's handled by routines...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC