Before you choose Xbone or PS4, check this out

#91FustmonkeyPosted 10/3/2013 11:56:49 AM(edited)
Now you're just burring your head in the sand. You know why it's bleak. You know that if there was anything worthwhile coming down the pike we would already know about it.

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/6496/zw14.jpg
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#92OandA_PestPosted 10/3/2013 12:04:31 PM
Fustmonkey posted...
Now you're just burring your head in the sand. You know why it's bleak. You know that if there was anything worthwhile coming down the pike we would already know about it.

How am I just "burring" my head in the sand? No, I don't know why it's bleak. You're just pulling this out of your ass without knowing anything. Sounds to me like you're pretty insecure.

I just told you what the PS4 has to look forward to in comparison to Microsoft. I know what Sony has coming and what Microsoft has coming. I know that them not revealing everything as of right now does not mean it's bleak.

For you to try and tell me what I'm thinking and what I know when I've already laid it all out for you is pretty sad. I'd pity you, but I honestly have more pity for a truck stop toilet brush.
---
Proud Pest. O and A Party Rock!
Currently playing: Grand Theft Auto 5
#93FustmonkeyPosted 10/3/2013 12:16:58 PM
OandA_Pest posted...
Fustmonkey posted...

How am I just "burring" my head in the sand? No, I don't know why it's bleak. You're just pulling this out of your ass without knowing anything. Sounds to me like you're pretty insecure.

I just told you what the PS4 has to look forward to in comparison to Microsoft. I know what Sony has coming and what Microsoft has coming. I know that them not revealing everything as of right now does not mean it's bleak.

For you to try and tell me what I'm thinking and what I know when I've already laid it all out for you is pretty sad. I'd pity you, but I honestly have more pity for a truck stop toilet brush.

Well that's nice, but when I look at the games that are coming to the Xbox One and I look at the games that are coming to PS4, it's clear which has the better lineup. Not a theoretical lineup that we have to wait for.

And if Naughty Dog shows a game in December, what does that mean? That it will come out in January? Of course not. Maybe November 2014? Probably not. More likely 2015.

I'm buying a PS4 and an Xbox One, but I feel bad for all these people who are waiting and waiting for Sony to unveil some surprise AAA game that will be out in the launch window... or even the first year or two.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#94Charging_ZebraPosted 10/3/2013 12:26:57 PM
Dev0311 posted...
It's a nice tidy information chart about the 2 consoles:

http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/637/3130/original.jpg

Brilliant. Simple enough for even the XBots to understand. Hopefully it will open fanboy eyes.
#95iamdanthamanPosted 10/3/2013 12:50:20 PM
XBOXvsPC posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
This graphic was obviously made by either a Sony Employee or a troll.

No mention of ESRAM, no mention of the fact that 4 CUs on the PS4 will be unavailable for shader calculations, effectively decreasing the GPU's capability. No mention of the Xbox one's GPU's faster clock speed. No mention of the Xbox one's support for external HDD's for storage.

FAIL.

Lmao. don't even bother bro, there are posts like this daily. Not to mention the "cancelled my preorder" ones.
You get used to it with time. peace out.

I know, I've been around since the announcement. I don't expect to change any trolls minds or even get them to leave, I just like to pick my spots and leave an informative post here or there to stem the tide of idiocy that has taken over this forum.
---
All your base are belong to us
#96Xdz89Posted 10/3/2013 12:51:27 PM
OandA_Pest posted...
Fustmonkey posted...

You are still playing guessing games. You are assuming that the Xbox One will run out of exclusives, you are assuming Sony is going to deliver. Those 50 games in the first year looks like a lot of indie games... which isn't a bad thing, but I have a PC for that.

I'm looking at what we know now as far as games being released in the next year or two, and what history has shown. History has shown that Sony shows off games years ahead of time, and that's scary considering not much is shown for exclusives so far.

I'm playing 'guessing games', yet you are here contradicting yourself with the same logic. You are assuming the Xbox One will continue to deliver after launch window. You are assuming Sony will have nothing brought to the PS4 for years and that everyone will be just waiting too long to play games. "Guessing games" lol.

I think out of all the games they've discussed, maybe 8-10 of those games were shown to be indie games. That still leaves roughly 30-40 exclusive titles up in the air for the next year. Not that there's anything wrong with indie games but, they've also confirmed that these indies are PS4 exclusives. Good luck playing those on your PC.

Games like Planetside 2 also will be much better on PS4 considering the hardware, and also that game is a little ***** when it comes to CPU.

As far as the next year or two goes, The Xbox One will have very few exclusives released. What will it have? Just Halo and maybe Fable.
What will Sony have? As I've said, they've confirmed roughly 40-50(?) exclusives within the first year alone. Why reveal all of them at once? What sense is there in that? They aren't throwing everything out right away as there is no reason to.

You think it's scary that Sony showed off games years ahead of time with the PS3? Why not consider it scary that MS is starting off with a number of exclusives and that number dwindling as time marches on? You seem to be applying the PS3's history to the future of the PS4. Very bad.

Come now, more than 10 were indie games, and even a lot of those indie games were only timed exclusives, releasing first on console isnt saying what respawn is saying which is, at this time, there are no plans for titanfall on sony platforms. It could and probably WILL change, but all the indie stuff and some of the bigger stuff is coming out FIRST on ps4 and then it will come out on other platforms. Im not trying to take sides but the indie push is why a lot of people I know are waiting on buying a ps4, they have a pc to play that stuff or have already played it on pc.
#97PhoenixPrincePosted 10/3/2013 1:06:16 PM
Red_Jester posted...
lilj812 posted...
Fustmonkey posted...
Sometimes I forget that Gamefaqs is infested with little boys fighting their console wars. Then I come to the Xbox One boards and the little ponies are always there to remind, with their little infographics.

Are you comfortable paying more money for a lesser powered console?

Doesn't matter if they're confident Microsoft will win. If Microsoft leads next generation, they won't allow developers or publishers to release games on the Xbone if they release superior versions that take advantage of the PS4s hardware. (Which they're going to do even if they don't win) If the Xbone actually succeeds in capturing the TV, sports, kinect audience, then they'll have enough revenue to simply buy exclusives to keep them away from Sony.

I don't think that'd be a possible scenario this generation. Last gen, they used two totally different processors, so porting from one console to the other was a pain. This generation they use nearly the exact same architecture, so all it'd take is some minor tweaking to the coding to get it to work. If MS wanted to try to buy exclusives, they'd outright have to pay more than the publishers think a PS4 version would net.

"We'll pay you guys $500,000 if you won't release this on the PS4."
"Ha. HAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh wait, you're serious? This game is predicted to net us $10 million on the PS4 alone. Idiot."
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
3DS FC: 4596-9684-4261
#9882xenoPosted 10/3/2013 1:14:57 PM
Fustmonkey posted...
Sometimes I forget that Gamefaqs is infested with little boys fighting their console wars. Then I come to the Xbox One boards and the little ponies are always there to remind, with their little infographics.

Posting this and using the term "ponies"?

IRONY!
---
Shwing
#99fanboymaycryPosted 10/3/2013 10:30:51 PM
Foppe posted...
I remember when they did the same on the Xbox 360 board, showing graphs that the Xbox 360 only had 77 GFlops while the PS3 had 230 GFlops.
They stopped with it when we started to see how worse multiplatform games were running on the PS3.

You hit the nail on the head, Mr. We can't be the only two who remember how CELL and PS3 were supposed to wipe 360 off the face of the Earth. Then, reality hit a lot of people in the face like a ton of bricks as game after game came out showing otherwise.

To this very day, many posters on the site are still scarred by how they were misled by a corporation's BS. Even at the end of this gen, they STILL need reassurance. :DDD
#100Halo_Over_AllPosted 10/3/2013 10:40:10 PM
XboxWIN is going to be the better console, hands down. The psFAIL got everything they needed to build a crappy system from the Salvation ARMY and by garbage picking at dump yards. When I pick up my XboxWIN itll be much enjoyment to see incompetent morons buying the crappy throw-together system that SONY makes from being one fact and only one fact, SONY is CHEAP
---
Rush with the BattleRifle