Due to the GTA Online fiasco I'm a bit skeptical of the Xboner's cloud power.

#41Ramsus082Posted 10/3/2013 12:47:00 PM(edited)
Fun fact #1: Did you know that Cloud gaming benefits are online-only? As in, the only games that will utilize it to any degree for resource allocation away from your XboxOne are MMO games? The same games that have been doing this for nearly two decades now? Think FFXI on the PS2; The cloud was offloading AI and environment effects and who knows what else to their servers so our machines could focus on processing other game code!

Fun fact #2: Did you know that the platypus is the only known mammal to give birth by laying eggs?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#42Laylow12Posted 10/3/2013 12:48:12 PM
Microsoft has a "special cloud" that makes everything shiny and happy! It's going to make the world stand up and say "WOW, look at that CLOUD"!
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#43Ramsus082Posted 10/3/2013 1:05:54 PM
Fun Fact #3: Did you know that Microsoft competes in the cloud hosting services industry(Azure), alongside competitors like Google, Apple and Amazon? By getting it's Xbox fans to market it's cloud-hosting services for them, and for free, Microsoft is able to leverage their gamer base into a cross-promoting militia for unrelated markets that their competitors would kill for!
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#44Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/3/2013 1:59:07 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
The last 180 Sony did was when they promised not to charge for online play. Anywho so the TC gets to put "Xboner's" in the topic title...yet one of my messages gets modded because someone gets butt hurt over "circle j*****g" nice going mods awesome sauce.

I can practically taste your tears
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#45TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 3:28:32 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
The last 180 Sony did was when they promised not to charge for online play. Anywho so the TC gets to put "Xboner's" in the topic title...yet one of my messages gets modded because someone gets butt hurt over "circle j*****g" nice going mods awesome sauce.

That was a typo.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#46Exodus_PrimePosted 10/3/2013 3:32:11 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

I can practically taste your tears

Oh no internet words :-)
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#47FoppePosted 10/3/2013 10:33:59 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
The last 180 Sony did was when they promised not to charge for online play.

Could have sworn that they changed their mind about including the camera with every sold SKU after they announced that they will charge for online play.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#48SoulTrapperPosted 10/4/2013 3:52:09 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...

I tried to redirect it to about being Sony and achievements in stating that that logic is ridiculous? Thats funny to hear.

Also, my only point was that dedicated was free? Even though you said the part where I claimed it will support improved visuals to some extent is false?What the hell is up with your reading? Your entire link to DF was because you claimed I was wrong about Cloud being able to do anything for games.

Again you're making stuff up, I never said it was a false claim or that the cloud won't be able to do anything for gaming, just that it doesn't actually improve graphics and half the things Microsoft claimed about the "power of the cloud" is BS.

The reason I linked it is to show that with current bandwidth limits, the only thing it will be useful for is storing data and dedicated servers.

But in the Digital Foundry article, it clearly states that

1)It can be used for lighting/day night cycles
2)It can be used for physics
3)It can be used for AI
4)It can be used to make worlds bigger
5)It can be used to support more players in a MP game
6)Other ambient effects and whatever else people want to ad that is not latency sensitive

So how was that article suppose to help you?

Yes, it also clearly states that none of these things are feasible at this point with current technological limits.
And none of those things will actually help improve graphics at all by having them calculated in the cloud.

The article clearly states the "power of the cloud" is futuristic BS speak and the only benefits are for multiplayer games and data storage:

What's obvious at this point is that the concept of cloud computing looks uncertain and unlikely, and Microsoft needs to prove its claims with actual software. Yet based on what we've been told, the firm itself isn't sure of what uses to put it to, while the limitations of latency and bandwidth severely impede the benefits of all that computing power. Frequent references to Live and multiplayer gaming suggest a less exciting, though certainly valuable, use for Microsoft's new servers in providing better, conventional, multiplayer experiences. More players, adaptive achievements and intelligent worlds all sound great in theory, but we're certainly not seeing the notional results of a four-fold increase in Xbox One's processing power.

Microsoft needs to prove its position with strong ideas and practical demonstrations. Until then, it's perhaps best not to get too carried away with the idea of a super-powered console, and there's very little evidence that Sony needs to be worried about its PS4 specs advantage being comprehensively wiped out by "the power of the cloud".

---
PSN: El_Coon
#49embrandedonePosted 10/4/2013 8:12:31 AM
They never said it was infinite. They just said it was all-seeing and all-mighty. Shame on you for twisting MS' words.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#50TRC-G00SEPosted 10/4/2013 9:13:16 AM
Let me guess.... The ps3 version runs perfectly?
---
****!