Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has expressed his admiration for Microsoft.

#1Skynet82997Posted 10/3/2013 4:47:56 AM
Good read.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/sony-acknowledges-its-the-underdog-in-america
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#2steelix55Posted 10/3/2013 4:54:19 AM(edited)
Shuhei is a fun and logical guy. He knows Sony isn't going to just walk all over Microsoft in North America. I think it will be closer than it was last generation in the most important market, but I think in the end Xbox One will have a 2-3 million lead over PS4 still. I know tons of people who don't care about specs, or exclusives, etc. They will just buy the Xbox One because they love shooters like Halo, and Xbox One will no doubt be the better system for that. PS4 will dominate in the rest of the world though and win the overall totals by 20-30 million.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 560 Ti || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#3SilentS89Posted 10/3/2013 4:51:25 AM
"[The changes show] how smart they are, and it shows their dedication to making Xbox One successful."

I agree, the changes were necessary if the Xbox One wanted to be a serious contender.
#4VanderZooPosted 10/3/2013 5:20:18 AM
steelix55 posted...
Shuhei is a fun and logical guy. He knows Sony isn't going to just walk all over Microsoft in North America. I think it will be closer than it was last generation in the most important market, but I think in the end Xbox One will have a 2-3 million lead over PS4 still. I know tons of people who don't care about specs, or exclusives, etc. They will just buy the Xbox One because they love shooters like Halo, and Xbox One will no doubt be the better system for that. PS4 will dominate in the rest of the world though and win the overall totals by 20-30 million.

I disagree, I think based on pre-orders PS4 is going to lead in America, and being $100 cheaper will also help.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#5Skynet82997(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 5:21:46 AM
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...

I disagree, I think based on pre-orders PS4 is going to lead in America, and being $100 cheaper will also help.

Yea I think you're right. It will be a lot closer than some of the trolls want to make it out to be, but I think PS4 will be the sales leader this gen - even here in NA.
---
#6BrownGottiPosted 10/3/2013 5:36:57 AM
I agree the PS4 will lead in sales, but by how much, I don't know. The $499 price is going to be really hard for MS to overcome despite the Kinect is included. The PS3 didn't really pickup in the US until they released it at sub $499 and $599 prices. It's probably not smart business wise initially but MS should have taken the $100 hit and hoped they could make up the loss of revenue in the later years. A $399 X1 with Kinect would be a killer price combo.
#7steelix55Posted 10/3/2013 5:40:26 AM
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...

Based on what pre-order numbers? Link me to ONE source that says the Xbox One is getting dominated in pre-orders in North America. It is LITERALLY sold out EVERYWHERE. You cannot pre-order an Xbox One Day One edition anywhere in America right now.

PS: Don't link me to VGChartz game pre-orders. For one, VGChartz is never accurate, and two, more people don't pre-order games than people that do. I have both next gen consoles pre-ordered but not a single game pre-ordered, planning on going full digital.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 560 Ti || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#8embrandedonePosted 10/3/2013 6:04:41 AM
Weren't you always whining about Sony, Skybee?

Well, a broken clock is correct at least twice. Still waiting for your second time and then we can upgrade your status. Make me proud, son.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#9Skynet82997(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 6:14:54 AM
embrandedone posted...
Weren't you always whining about Sony, Skybee?

Well, a broken clock is correct at least twice. Still waiting for your second time and then we can upgrade your status. Make me proud, son.

Never once whined about Sony. I've owned every Sony and MS console, and will own a PS4 and XB1.

My only issue is with guys like you, who spend all their time here making snarky, obnoxious comments (like the one you just made about me) and pretending like you aren't here just to piss in XB1 supporters ears about how dumb we are for buying an underpowered POS.

But you know that - you think you're slick, but you aren't - everyone knows exactly what game you're playing. You're one of the worst trolls on this board, but you know you're safely anonymous so there's no stopping you running your mouth with constant insults and baiting.

I personally choose to have positive discussions about both consoles, and am looking forward to playing the great games both will have to offer.

You enjoy yourself continuing your angry hate campaign against the XB1 and people who are buying it.
---
#10mike468Posted 10/3/2013 6:20:59 AM
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...

I think any lead Sony gets is only going to be temporary. I can see MS passing Sony next holiday 2014. Both console will have been out for a year. Developers will have had time to get used to each system and will start optimizing games and we'll start to see more exclusives from each console.

I think Sony made a mistake by putting Killzone out as a launch title. Sony positioned the game to compete with Halo and MS's own shooters and MS doesn't have a 1st party shooter at launch. We'll see them next year during the 2014 holiday. What does Sony have that can compete with halo? God of War, Uncharted, Resistance? The last God of War didn't do well and Resistance isn't that great of a series IMO.Uncharted has a following, but I don't think it can compete with Halo as far as sales go.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board