Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has expressed his admiration for Microsoft.

#11yazman666Posted 10/3/2013 6:38:29 AM
What people dont understand is that for us gamers (fanboyism included) maybe the $100 diff is not a big deal but for all the casual players out there (and there are a lot), all those consumers looking for gifts this holiday...THIS IS A BIG DEAL. Any one with half a brain cell could see that.
---
Abyss Walker, Humanity Collector, Crystal Lizzard slayer.
Artoria's Descendant, Chosen Undead. Terror of latria. Shrine of storms inquisitor .
#12VanderZooPosted 10/3/2013 6:57:47 AM
steelix55 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...
Shuhei is a fun and logical guy. He knows Sony isn't going to just walk all over Microsoft in North America. I think it will be closer than it was last generation in the most important market, but I think in the end Xbox One will have a 2-3 million lead over PS4 still. I know tons of people who don't care about specs, or exclusives, etc. They will just buy the Xbox One because they love shooters like Halo, and Xbox One will no doubt be the better system for that. PS4 will dominate in the rest of the world though and win the overall totals by 20-30 million.

I disagree, I think based on pre-orders PS4 is going to lead in America, and being $100 cheaper will also help.

Based on what pre-order numbers? Link me to ONE source that says the Xbox One is getting dominated in pre-orders in North America. It is LITERALLY sold out EVERYWHERE. You cannot pre-order an Xbox One Day One edition anywhere in America right now.

PS: Don't link me to VGChartz game pre-orders. For one, VGChartz is never accurate, and two, more people don't pre-order games than people that do. I have both next gen consoles pre-ordered but not a single game pre-ordered, planning on going full digital.

Well both consoles will sell out at launch, but Sony has been leading in the pre-orders from the beginning, including software as well. All next gen games have more pre-orders for the PS4 version. Sony is also shipping more PS4 units than MS is, which is why Gamestop is taking an unlimited amount of PS4 pre-orders.

Here's one article showing PS4's early pre-order dominance:

http://vr-zone.com/articles/xbox-one-ps4-us-pre-order-figures-compared-sonys-ps4-takes-lead/53840.html

There's also the fact that every single poll shows PS4 more favoured by consumers. I haven't seen, and I'm not sure if there exists a single poll where XB1 has been more favoured than PS4.

All of this, combined with PS4's cheaper price tag, makes me think PS4 will lead over XB1 this gen.

And I didn't always think this, even when MS still had the bad DRM policies in place, I still thought XB1 would hang on to America, but based on all of these numbers and polling, I've changed my mind, it does indeed look like PS4 will be number one in America this gen.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#13SazerfanPosted 10/3/2013 7:38:43 AM
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...
Shuhei is a fun and logical guy. He knows Sony isn't going to just walk all over Microsoft in North America. I think it will be closer than it was last generation in the most important market, but I think in the end Xbox One will have a 2-3 million lead over PS4 still. I know tons of people who don't care about specs, or exclusives, etc. They will just buy the Xbox One because they love shooters like Halo, and Xbox One will no doubt be the better system for that. PS4 will dominate in the rest of the world though and win the overall totals by 20-30 million.

I disagree, I think based on pre-orders PS4 is going to lead in America, and being $100 cheaper will also help.

Based on what pre-order numbers? Link me to ONE source that says the Xbox One is getting dominated in pre-orders in North America. It is LITERALLY sold out EVERYWHERE. You cannot pre-order an Xbox One Day One edition anywhere in America right now.

PS: Don't link me to VGChartz game pre-orders. For one, VGChartz is never accurate, and two, more people don't pre-order games than people that do. I have both next gen consoles pre-ordered but not a single game pre-ordered, planning on going full digital.

Well both consoles will sell out at launch, but Sony has been leading in the pre-orders from the beginning, including software as well. All next gen games have more pre-orders for the PS4 version. Sony is also shipping more PS4 units than MS is, which is why Gamestop is taking an unlimited amount of PS4 pre-orders.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/xbox-one-ps4-us-pre-order-figures-compared-sonys-ps4-takes-lead/53840.html

There's also the fact that every single poll shows PS4 more favoured by consumers. I haven't seen, and I'm not sure if there exists a single poll where XB1 has been more favoured than PS4.

All of this, combined with PS4's cheaper price tag, makes me think PS4 will lead over XB1 this gen.

And I didn't always think this, even when MS still had the bad DRM policies in place, I still thought XB1 would hang on to America, but based on all of these numbers and polling, I've changed my mind, it does indeed look like PS4 will be number one in America this gen.

This Year, not this gen. This Gen is far from over and MS is betting all their monies on the Kinect and the infinite power of the cloud to turn the tides for them (though it does seem unlikely, but you never know, there might be some super AAA fun game developed for it down the line >__> Project Phoenix is not that game sadly, and people who thinks it is, is sadly delusional) , but otherwise I agree
#14SavageTrooperPosted 10/3/2013 7:46:20 AM
steelix55 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...

Wow, how delusional are you? No the Xbox One is not sold out. Sorry its the truth. My local Target and Frys Electronics still have alot of preorders to fill up. Don't talk out of your ass like that, makes you look stupid.
#15ElemayowePosted 10/3/2013 7:53:46 AM
yazman666 posted...
What people dont understand is that for us gamers (fanboyism included) maybe the $100 diff is not a big deal but for all the casual players out there (and there are a lot), all those consumers looking for gifts this holiday...THIS IS A BIG DEAL. Any one with half a brain cell could see that.

Same could be argued about specs though, dudebros aren't going to give a s*** how many terraflops the magical madden box has.
#16TimeShinigamiPosted 10/3/2013 8:01:27 AM
Anybody know how Canada compares to the US in terms of gaming? I recall reading an article where a Dev basically **** all over Europe, called it basically a waste to publish over there, a was wondering how our neighbor up north contributed to this continent's dominance in the market.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#17Pupu27Posted 10/3/2013 8:30:01 AM
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...

And your prediction has more credibility than Yoshida because...? Just face the reality that Sony themselves surrendered the US market to Xbox1. PS4 can (and probably will) sell more in thirdworld asian countries but it's impossible for them to outsell Xbox1 in American soil. It's similar to the situation of Xbox in Japan, no hardcore Xbox fanboy dare to make a prediction that xbox1 will outsell ps4 in japan.
---
Freedom of speech is just an excuse for trolling.
#18suzukimatsuiPosted 10/3/2013 2:16:48 PM
As someone said earlier if M$oft catches up to the PS4 the overall sales difference in North America will be ALOT closer than current gen and I mean very close. However in terms of global sales PS4 will win by a large margin.

Also the person who said that the PS4 will dominate in third world countries in Asia, I take offense to that remake. Just because Sony has a huge influence in Asia, it doesn't mean that they are third world countries. Please don't generalize Asian countries if you have no clue about them, I just makes you look and sound like a complete fool
#19VanderZooPosted 10/3/2013 8:46:02 PM(edited)
Pupu27 posted...
And your prediction has more credibility than Yoshida because...? Just face the reality that Sony themselves surrendered the US market to Xbox1. PS4 can (and probably will) sell more in thirdworld asian countries but it's impossible for them to outsell Xbox1 in American soil. It's similar to the situation of Xbox in Japan, no hardcore Xbox fanboy dare to make a prediction that xbox1 will outsell ps4 in japan.

It's impossible for PS4 to sell more in America, that's why it has more pre-orders, more software pre-orders and more consumer interest.

I'd take a bet on this, If XB1 at any time leads PS4 in sales in America I'll buy you an XB1.

And Shuhei didn't make a prediction, all he said is that they're the underdog and they'll have a fight on their hands. You're the one saying it's "impossible" for PS4 to outsell the XB1, so you're the one thinking your prediction is more credible than Shuhei's.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#20LovecraftiangodPosted 10/3/2013 8:18:10 PM
steelix55 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...

Walmart still has PR orders for both systems in a lot of stores
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft