Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has expressed his admiration for Microsoft.

#21Ironman06Posted 10/3/2013 8:22:04 PM
Classy and realistic. Competition is a good thing.
#22billsfanno1Posted 10/3/2013 9:38:47 PM
As long as you guys continue to project XB1 sales based on a gaming console paradigm, you are going to completely miss the mark. MS is pursuing a much wider audience.
#23TheCyborgNinjaPosted 10/3/2013 9:41:31 PM
SilentS89 posted...
"[The changes show] how smart they are, and it shows their dedication to making Xbox One successful."

I agree, the changes were necessary if the Xbox One wanted to be a serious contender.

Change #1: tell Don Mattrick to quit.
Change #2: become successful upon removing his ideas.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#24pigman2003Posted 10/3/2013 9:43:44 PM
Honestly just lip service, but it's a nice change of pace from the usual immature jabs.

Sony isn't the underdog though, the Xbox One is far and above the underdog, nothing to do with how good the consoles themselves are just that the PS4 is cheaper.
#25Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/3/2013 11:06:49 PM
steelix55 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...
Shuhei is a fun and logical guy. He knows Sony isn't going to just walk all over Microsoft in North America. I think it will be closer than it was last generation in the most important market, but I think in the end Xbox One will have a 2-3 million lead over PS4 still. I know tons of people who don't care about specs, or exclusives, etc. They will just buy the Xbox One because they love shooters like Halo, and Xbox One will no doubt be the better system for that. PS4 will dominate in the rest of the world though and win the overall totals by 20-30 million.

I disagree, I think based on pre-orders PS4 is going to lead in America, and being $100 cheaper will also help.

Based on what pre-order numbers? Link me to ONE source that says the Xbox One is getting dominated in pre-orders in North America. It is LITERALLY sold out EVERYWHERE. You cannot pre-order an Xbox One Day One edition anywhere in America right now.

PS: Don't link me to VGChartz game pre-orders. For one, VGChartz is never accurate, and two, more people don't pre-order games than people that do. I have both next gen consoles pre-ordered but not a single game pre-ordered, planning on going full digital.

Well, Xbox only sold better than PS one generation, so far it's 1 and 2, you act as if Microsoft completely dominates the market, they only did one generation with a year head start and $200 cheaper.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#26BushidoEffect3Posted 10/3/2013 11:30:30 PM
SilentS89 posted...
"[The changes show] how smart they are, and it shows their dedication to making Xbox One successful."

I agree, the changes were necessary if the Xbox One wanted to be a serious contender.

He's just being nice. Jack Tretton is at home like "AHH HAHHHAHAHAH PAH! If M$ just didn't try to pull B********* on consumers, none of the controversy and hate would've happened in the first place"

duh. Xboys like to forget the first 6 months of this year like it never happened. Use some foresight- what does that say about a company when they try to pull something as stupid as that on the entire consumer base? They weren't thinking consumer first, just CASH-FIRST, always.

Like if someone puts a gun to your head, pulls the trigger, and when it doesn't fire, he apologizes. Do you still trust him afterward?

This twitter from IGN is enough. simple.
http://i.imgur.com/SMgwXdS.jpg
---
We'll bang okay? http://i.imgur.com/TUf4vEL.gif
Miley, learn from this girl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc. Modern, good sound, no twerking BS.
#27Pupu27Posted 10/3/2013 11:55:10 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Well, Xbox only sold better than PS one generation, so far it's 1 and 2, you act as if Microsoft completely dominates the market, they only did one generation with a year head start and $200 cheaper.

How many generations does XBox have until now? It's two. The first one was only used to test the water but it still put up a good fight against PS2 - the best-selling game console of all time - in the US. PS2 sold 150m+ consoles world wide while XBox only sold 24m (6:1 ratio). However XBox still managed to sold 16m in the US compare with 50m of PS2 in the same area (1:3 ratio). So we can see Xbox Original was punching over it's weight in the US. And the XBox 360 completely wiped the floor with PS3 in the US and outsold it globally.

Unless God is Japanese there is no way that PS4 can dominate XBone in the US market. They will probably sell more on other markets though as Japan and Asian countries love Sony's product. But $100 extra in exchange for kinnect is not a problem for people living in US or Europe (XBox1 also can probably get price drop in the near future)
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
#28Halo_Over_AllPosted 10/3/2013 11:59:56 PM
VanderZoo posted...
steelix55 posted...
Shuhei is a fun and logical guy. He knows Sony isn't going to just walk all over Microsoft in North America. I think it will be closer than it was last generation in the most important market, but I think in the end Xbox One will have a 2-3 million lead over PS4 still. I know tons of people who don't care about specs, or exclusives, etc. They will just buy the Xbox One because they love shooters like Halo, and Xbox One will no doubt be the better system for that. PS4 will dominate in the rest of the world though and win the overall totals by 20-30 million.

I disagree, I think based on pre-orders PS4 is going to lead in America, and being $100 cheaper will also help.

Well in North America, we all know MS is going to walk all over SONY because no one wants a CHEAP system, everyone wants a good system like the xboxWIN. I'd rather have a system the salvation ARMY didnt help make. Anyhow, that guy who expressed his feelings for the XboxWIN also knows that his psFAIL has no chance into winning and have no CHANCE
---
Rush with the BattleRifle
#29Spetsnaz420Posted 10/4/2013 1:03:54 AM
Pupu27 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

How many generations does XBox have until now? It's two. The first one was only used to test the water but it still put up a good fight against PS2 - the best-selling game console of all time - in the US. PS2 sold 150m+ consoles world wide while XBox only sold 24m (6:1 ratio). However XBox still managed to sold 16m in the US compare with 50m of PS2 in the same area (1:3 ratio). So we can see Xbox Original was punching over it's weight in the US. And the XBox 360 completely wiped the floor with PS3 in the US and outsold it globally.

Unless God is Japanese there is no way that PS4 can dominate XBone in the US market. They will probably sell more on other markets though as Japan and Asian countries love Sony's product. But $100 extra in exchange for kinnect is not a problem for people living in US or Europe (XBox1 also can probably get price drop in the near future)

Except PS3 sold more worldwide than 360 despite the 360s year head start.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#30Pupu27Posted 10/4/2013 8:12:23 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Pupu27 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Except PS3 sold more worldwide than 360 despite the 360s year head start.

PS3 sold more than 360 only this year. 360 still sold more in total (both of them near 80m with the different only 1 or 2 millions). And Xbox 360 massacred PS3 in software sales everywhere.
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.