Not sure if everyone is up to date on how the rep system will work so here it is

#1Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/3/2013 6:04:05 AM
A total overhaul of Xbox Live is one of Microsoft's big plays for next gen, and there are fascinating consequences as regards the Reputation system. This is being upgraded from Xbox 360's simple five-star rating to a learning system which will track player misbehaviour and effectively create tacit communities of ne'er do wells, safeguarding the rest of us from their evil designs. Speaking to OXM at an exclusive Xbox One reveal event in May, Microsoft's senior product manager Mike Lavin explored the ramifications.

The key aim is that players won't have to splinter off into Parties to ensure they aren't matched with objectionable types in multiplayer. "There's a lot of folks, a lot of our core consumers who just want to basically kick back and stay in touch with some of their old college buddies," Lavin began. "That's cool, and Party Chat today and our Party system is leaps and bounds ahead of competitors, from the standpoint of just being able to isolate yourself and cross-game chat.

"But the problem we see is that this fragments voice communication within games. It's very difficult, because if you're isolated in Party Chat, you're leaving everybody else behind." Microsoft wants everybody to communicate, ideally, and "in order to do that, you need a community of folks that aren't screaming vulgarities every ten seconds, or the griefers or the harassers, those types of folks.

"What we're looking at doing is creating a very robust system around reputation and match-making," he continued. "If people are in your friends list, we're not touching that, we're just making it easier for you to come together. It's really the anonymous side of things where we're making these investments. Ultimately if there's a few per cent of our population that are causing the rest of the population to have a miserable time, we should be able to identify those folks."

Microsoft will do more to encourage good behaviour - and shut down the griefers. "There are industry best practices we've looked at, about giving kudos and props to people who behave well. We've learned from everything we've seen, and we're trying to take it to the next level. So there'll be very good things that happen to people that just play their games and are good participants. And you'll start to see some effects if you continue to play bad or, or harass other people en masse. You'll probably end up starting to play more with other people that are more similar to you."

This raises the grim, intriguing prospect of a layer of the community only the most dastardly offenders will ever experience - an Xbox Live populated exclusively by griefers, trash talkers, and sharers of illiterate comments about your parentage or sexuality. It's almost like Microsoft has created the Xbox Live version of hell, we suggested. "I didn't say that," Lavin retorted with a grin. "Some people might like to play with people that are similar to them. I would not necessarily want to play with those folks."

The system will be proof against exploitation, he continued. "Let's just be clear, there is no way at all that a conglomerate of people can conspire to sink your Reputation on the system. The way that it's built fundamentally stops that. It's very much over a period of time - if we see consistently that people, for instance, don't like playing with you, that you're consistently blocked, that you're the subject of enforcement actions because you're sending naked pictures of yourself to people that don't want naked pictures of you... Blatant things like that have the ability to quickly reduce your Reputation score."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/57505/features/the-new-dark-side-of-xbox-live-microsoft-explains-xbox-ones-all-new-reputation-system/

This is just page 1 of 2 of the article.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#2Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 6:14:46 AM
I'm already liking what I've read. The 360 rep system was a step in the right direction but it was poorly implemented, at best.
---
#3kingstagPosted 10/3/2013 6:36:09 AM
No offense to the Xbox online user base but I have a hard time believing that Microsoft will be able to enforce their "No Jerks" policy since, in my experience, it would leave them with a user base of about 10 online players.
#4BadLuckIncPosted 10/3/2013 6:39:53 AM
kingstag posted...
No offense to the Xbox online user base but I have a hard time believing that Microsoft will be able to enforce their "No Jerks" policy since, in my experience, it would leave them with a user base of about 10 online players.

There are a lot of great people online to be honest. The one's that decide to act up should not have their actions hidden from others and we should all know where they stand in the community.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#5Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 6:54:30 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
kingstag posted...

There are a lot of great people online to be honest. The one's that decide to act up should not have their actions hidden from others and we should all know where they stand in the community.

This. You're either flaming or playing the wrong games kingstag.
---
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 10/3/2013 6:58:20 AM
They should have a rep system in this place....
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#7Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 7:07:10 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...

You mean like reddit? It'd just pander to the majority. There has to end up being objectivity in the end otherwise a rep system is meaningless.
---
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 10/3/2013 7:59:28 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

You mean like reddit? It'd just pander to the majority. There has to end up being objectivity in the end otherwise a rep system is meaningless.

No not like reddit, like they will have on X1
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#9Cowboy082288Posted 10/3/2013 8:01:37 AM
I hope they get this to work well. I would love it if over time I run into less and less 'Your a (homosexual reference)' players.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#10TimeShinigamiPosted 10/3/2013 8:11:56 AM
I have some reservations about this, and gave a tl;dr reason why. Feel free to skip.

I am COMPLETLY addicted to ME3's horde style MP. In the game, for the unfamiliar, you face 10 waves of enemies that will spawn at certain points depending on the team's posistion and where they're looking. On the later waves, to speed things up, I will run about the map and Spawn-nuke using the missile launcher, which will insta-kill everything in a certain radius. It makes dealing with the boss heavy waves simpler and much MUCH more faster. Especially when 90% of teammates are playing in a difficulty high above their skill/gear levels.

As of this moment, 64% of people have avoided me, and 80% of that is unsporting. I've received many messages that have told me that's why they're doing it. Despite the fact that my behavior is completely warranted, and that the mission may have even failed without it, I've been booted/complained at/rated negatively. If this new rating system works right, and I do the same in ME 4, for instance, wouldn't that mean I'm going to be shipped off to Troll Land because of my play style? One that is encourged within the system, and at least half the time is theory way to succeed?

I dunno, but I think my worry is justified.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime