Not sure if everyone is up to date on how the rep system will work so here it is

#51NeoMonkPosted 10/7/2013 2:12:03 PM
IronSasquatch posted...
<...but you're missing the point TC is actually trying to make. The article DID state that XBO will monitor things like one person repeatedly submitting bad rep things. I mean, not to sound like the TC or anything, but at least read the article. It clearly states, even though he doesn't provide evidence, that this shouldn't be a possibility.

So we're getting the same "infinite power of the cloud" jargon... where there's no facts just "trust us" being thrown our way... As i said look at youtube, if people have it in for you... you will pay the consequences whether you're responsible for anything or not.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#52Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:58:42 PM
NeoMonk posted...
IronSasquatch posted...
<...but you're missing the point TC is actually trying to make. The article DID state that XBO will monitor things like one person repeatedly submitting bad rep things. I mean, not to sound like the TC or anything, but at least read the article. It clearly states, even though he doesn't provide evidence, that this shouldn't be a possibility.

So we're getting the same "infinite power of the cloud" jargon... where there's no facts just "trust us" being thrown our way... As i said look at youtube, if people have it in for you... you will pay the consequences whether you're responsible for anything or not.

Youtube is free to create mutliple accounts, XBL is not so unless you think someone is going to spend 6000 dollars to give you bad 1000 bad reviews you have nothing to worry about.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#53Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 3:03:50 PM
IronSasquatch posted...
NeoMonk posted...
I kinda have to agree with some people believing that MS will be able to fully implement this w/out hurting a few "good guys"
When you're known to have a troll fanbase that even when playing UNO online you're hearing Nbombs thrown your way... It's tough to believe these same kids won't flood spam report someone & ruin their gaming experience...

Who was I kidding, I enjoy arguments like these.

The article did, in fact, address this point. Trolls can't just spam/flood bad rep things on someone with the new system. That is not what I'm disputing, even though TC seems to think I am for some reason. The quote TC keeps pulling out does not address the problems I and a few others have come up with, yet TC can't read for **** so he keeps telling us that it does address those problems.

Ok, so to honestly give you a chance here. You posted this:

But if tons of sore losers and D-bags just downvote your rep over a long period of time, it'll just make you look like the one at fault.

How does this: The system will be proof against exploitation, he continued. "Let's just be clear, there is no way at all that a conglomerate of people can conspire to sink your Reputation on the system.

not address that point? Exploitation of the system is exactly what you're talking about and he is saying it is foolproof in that respect.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#54Viper187666Posted 10/7/2013 3:54:10 PM
NeoMonk posted...
IronSasquatch posted...

Infinite power of the cloud? hahaha. Right now it's eating everyone's GTA saves. Can't wait to watch KI have complete fail launch like every F2P game on 360 has.
#55ILikesCheesePosted 10/9/2013 8:57:59 AM(edited)
Sniper_Brosef posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
Last time I looked at my rep I had some absurd percentage of being "avoided", all because I kill people in MP games.
I don't expect this rep system to work at all.

That's a pretty ignorant statement as the new rep system won't resemble the old one at all. That's kind of the whole purpose of this article.

The statement is not ignorant at all.

It shows that sore losers exist in droves, and if they abuse the current system they will abuse the new system. One should not be punished for simply being good at a game, but that is exactly the scenario that is shaping up with this new rep system.

And please, don't respond with some vague "But Microsoft won't allow that to happen" without also telling us EXACTLY how Microsoft 'won't allow that to happen.' Sorry, but there doesn't exist a magical algorithm to separate the true D-Bags online from the spoiled brats throwing a tantrum because they lost.

You obviously didn't read the article... That's the very definition of ignorance.

I read the article (several months ago in fact) and simply saying "You didn't read the article and you're ignorant" without any backing logic and without addressing my stated issues is, in itself, quite ignorant. And weak. My concerns and thoughts still stand quite valid thank you very much. Be careful when criticizing others when your own argument is so shallow and biased.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#56ILikesCheesePosted 10/9/2013 8:59:42 AM(edited)
bob15x posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Wasn't that article from last spring?

The new rep mechanics are still about as clear as mud.

What does it mean to "mis-behave"? What is the definition of "objectionable" actions? What is the difference between "griefing" and "just being good at a game"? How can such a system not be thwarted and abused through false reports? How many of you have been accused of hacking by a disgruntled opponent and then given bad rep for "unsporting" or "aggressive" behavior by said pouty pants?

Yet another mis-step in Microsoft's bad dance routine of 2013.

Please just shut the hell up.

Classy.

Such an example of character to tell those with differing opinions than yours to just "shut the hell up" when you cannot think of anything better to defend your point of view.

---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?