Some Sunset Overdrive news

#1MrImpatient35Posted 10/3/2013 8:00:08 AM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/63422/insomniac-talks-exclusivity-and-sunset-overdrive-ratchet-could-end-up-on-xbox-one-day/

First off, Insomniac likes what it's seen of the new Kinect, but has yet to decide how it will be used in Sunset Overdrive. "I wouldn't worry too much about it," Salvitti told one anxious community member. "Kinect 2.0 has some awesome new features that could really enhance the experience. It is also far and away better than Kinect 1.0. That being said, we have not determined how Kinect will be involved in Sunset yet."

There's a very strong possibility that Sunset Overdrive will only be on X1....or at the very least, will be a timed exclusive. They're not planning for it to be on PS4, but who knows what will happen.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2Cowboy082288Posted 10/3/2013 8:24:33 AM
I'm actually pretty excited to see more of this game. I really think insomniac is one of the most talented studios out there (R&C games have all been wonderful).

Also wanted to link something from that same news source:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/57495/xbox-one-exclusive-sunset-overdrive-isnt-always-online-but-cloud-has-pretty-large-potential/

"It is proven that cloud services can improve products and services in other areas, so it's cool that games are starting to take advantage of it. Looking at the world's approach to this now-massive amount of hardware we have that can be taken advantage of, these are things are going to change faster and faster. Not just for games, but for every industry. It's ultimately good for all of us who consume entertainment."

As more and more devs start talking about potential of cloud services to supplement gaming experiences I hope we see a drop in the "Powa of da Cloudz is PR marketing BS" topics in these boards.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#3MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 8:52:06 AM
I was initially excited for this game for 3 reasons. It's Imsomniac, who is responsible for the Ratchet and Clank series (I LOVE that series), cloud will enable changing environments pretty often (they say daily), and I can play it with my friends. Looks like a win-win-win.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#4kingofjamaicaPosted 10/3/2013 8:53:12 AM
Yay. Another creative looking shooter that will inevitably end up as mediocre at best, just like Fuse.

I do wonder how quickly the love from Microsoft will disappear when Sunset Overdrive fails to light up the review and sales charts.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#5bob15xPosted 10/3/2013 8:55:36 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
Yay. Another creative looking shooter that will inevitably end up as mediocre at best, just like Fuse.

I do wonder how quickly the love from Microsoft will disappear when Sunset Overdrive fails to light up the review and sales charts.

and how quickly you will love the game when it comes on the ps4.
#6kingofjamaicaPosted 10/3/2013 8:56:47 AM
bob15x posted...
kingofjamaica posted...

Fuse is terrible on both consoles. Bad games are bad, regardless of platform.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#7regsantotomasPosted 10/3/2013 9:00:02 AM
I look forward to more tangible information. Hopefully, Kinect functionality actually enhances the experiences as opposed to being wedged in for the sake of using the peripheral.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#8CallOfDookiePosted 10/3/2013 9:06:00 AM
The Ratchet and Clank games were good but their Resistance games were straight up garbage. So in conclusion I don't know how I should feel about Insomniac. I hope Sunset Overdrive does good but I wouldn't be surprised either if it flops.
#9MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:15:30 AM
bob15x posted...
kingofjamaica posted...

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if this game was adored even before it came out, if it was multiplat. Like I've said before, I CAN'T WAIT for the sony gamers adoration of Titanfall when it goes to PS4. You know it's coming! Everybody who played it loves it...from what I've read.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#10MRL3G3NDPosted 10/3/2013 9:43:44 AM
can anyone point me to some gameplay footage of this game?

People are getting way too excited for a cgi "target" video

WOW a record player gun AWESOME!!!!!!
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q