The Science Of Kinect Explained In New Videos

#11Dev0311Posted 10/3/2013 8:15:40 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
No surprise there. Kinect games have varied for a long long time. Not all development teams are created equal and fighter within looks like a C list title.

What bothers me most from the video poster above is that the Ubisoft rep actually says that the game is 1:1 when it clearly isn't. It's like the blind leading the blind... MS and its developers making all these claims and then they fail miserably when it's time to show and prove.
#12ZemataPosted 10/3/2013 8:20:12 AM
All I know is I hope there will be a Dance Central 4 and if it plays at least as good or better than its predecessors I'll be satisfied.

Seriously Dance Central was great imo
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things.
soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.
#13HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/3/2013 8:31:42 AM
Kinect doesn't use science. Just majick. Open one up. Pigs bones and goats blood everywhere.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#14MRL3G3NDPosted 10/3/2013 8:53:31 AM
Zemata posted...
All I know is I hope there will be a Dance Central 4 and if it plays at least as good or better than its predecessors I'll be satisfied.

dance central was great because no matter what you did the dancer on screen still performed well.

the input window was so wide open you'd have to miss the move totally to fail it. This took care of the lag...they were just good at hiding it...and perhaps that's what they have to do in future games...

Kinect will never be for core games...no matter how much they PR spin it...

remember Kinect 1 was supposed to read your emotions...but it couldn't read where your left arm was...well now they're caiming it see where your blood goes lmao

this PR is for 4th graders at the lunch table at best
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#15DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/3/2013 9:01:15 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Zemata posted...

dance central was great because no matter what you did the dancer on screen still performed well.

Oh wow, this guy pretends he's good at Dance Central now. Please stop lying. Dance Central is as hard as hell and is picky as hell about accuracy. The only thing the system could resolve behind the scenes was the lag but even then, its lag wasn't nearly as bad as what we saw in Fighter Within, which straight up just doesn't work.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#16ZemataPosted 10/4/2013 8:14:24 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Zemata posted...

the input window was so wide open you'd have to miss the move totally to fail it. This took care of the lag...they were just good at hiding it...and perhaps that's what they have to do in future games...

Kinect will never be for core games...no matter how much they PR spin it...

remember Kinect 1 was supposed to read your emotions...but it couldn't read where your left arm was...well now they're caiming it see where your blood goes lmao

this PR is for 4th graders at the lunch table at best

The dancer isn't supposed to follow you. If it followed your movement then you wouldn't even know what mistakes you're making. Also there is a timing adjustment feature in all three games like most good rhythm games.

Come back when you actually play it.
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things.
soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.