Hypervisor article

#1MrImpatient35Posted 10/3/2013 8:03:05 AM
http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-the-one-feature-that-nobody-seems-to-be-talking-about

I've only seen 3 articles about Hypervisor, and all of them are from weeks ago. This is the most recent one I've seen. I felt that I should post it because, if this is true, it's game over for PS4.

The MOST important part of this article, if true:
This technically means that if the Windows process is suspended and all resources are allocated for games that developers have up to 7-7.5 GB to use for game development.

I don't know if this is legit or not. I don't think it is, because if this is true, it should be getting talked about LIKE CRAZY! Every day I should be reading something new about Hypervisor. I can believe in the 10% GPU power on reserve before this.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 8:30:22 AM
I didn't think the other post about this looked professional enough. It looked like a post made on a forum from a random user. This looks more official.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#3cruzateuPosted 10/3/2013 8:39:21 AM(edited)
You already posted about this. Why again?
(Because of the "troll" comments?)

Edit: just saw your second post, so my question is invalid. BUT the statements you made were already answered and discussed in the other topic =|
#4MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 8:40:38 AM
cruzateu posted...
You already posted about this. Why again?
(Because of the "troll" comments?)

I just saw someone else post about this recently, and that "article" wasn't umm...It was like reading a post on here. Not very official, so I thought I'd post it again. And with the 10% GPU power thing that was revealed recently, I thought that in combination with this, if true, would make X1 way more powerful than originally thought.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#5maheo30Posted 10/3/2013 9:00:15 AM
Is it true? The author seems to think so,

"Weve already seen this running with the Xbox Ones ability to switch between games and applications. This is because one set of resources is handling the game while another set is handling the app side of things. A process isnt being ended rather, its being suspend until you decide to get back to it."

I'm not knowledgeable about such things to figure out whether it is true or not. Time will tell.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#6sworderPosted 10/3/2013 9:11:02 AM
The OS doesn't take up 3GBs of RAM, that footprint can be reduced at any moment. It has that amount of memory specifically reserved for it tho, probably for Kinect

Xbone having more than 5GBs will probably never happen. If the game was using more and you talked to Kinect, it would be unresponsive for a while until it freed up enough resources to operate. That's like the opposite of what MS wants, they want it to be seamless. So that reserved memory will never be accessed by games

PS4 is doing the same. You don't need a hypervisor to access it. MS or Sony could free up more of it at any time if they wanted
#7MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:31:11 AM
maheo30 posted...
Is it true? The author seems to think so,

"Weve already seen this running with the Xbox Ones ability to switch between games and applications. This is because one set of resources is handling the game while another set is handling the app side of things. A process isnt being ended rather, its being suspend until you decide to get back to it."

I'm not knowledgeable about such things to figure out whether it is true or not. Time will tell.

Time will tell. I'm not too knowledgeable about technical stuff like this, so I'll just wait and see. It sounds amazing from the article, if it works like how I think it does.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#8FaytalChaosPosted 10/3/2013 9:50:58 AM
I dont understand why the hypervisor keeps popping up and then dieing. I posted that exact article maybe month or more ago, Maybe it was disregarded because of other bigger more controversial things were happening. But hopefully the article is spot on. It would be interesting to see how it plays out