Phil Spencer "XBone name is going to stick"

#1jon davisPosted 10/3/2013 9:31:36 AM
http://uk.gamespot.com//news/microsofts-spencer-says-the-clever-xbone-nickname-will-stick-6415291?

See it was clever all along!
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#2HelmesSeiferPosted 10/3/2013 9:35:25 AM
Now it's clever? Wasn't that Major Nelson guy losing his mind over it? I just think they have accepted it.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#3jon davis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:36:12 AM
HelmesSeifer posted...
Now it's clever? Wasn't that Major Nelson guy losing his mind over it? I just think they have accepted it.

Larry Herb is just a sock puppet.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#4vivalabuck92Posted 10/3/2013 9:40:52 AM
jon davis posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...

Off topic: Is it just me or does he look like a younger, American Jeremy Clarkson?
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#5AzaneAzerPosted 10/3/2013 9:41:53 AM
Another 180 to toss on the bonfire.
#6ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/3/2013 9:42:24 AM
vivalabuck92 posted...
jon davis posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...

Off topic: Is it just me or does he look like a younger, American Jeremy Clarkson?

Little bit, but he'll never be as cool as Clarkson.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#7BudWisenheimerPosted 10/3/2013 9:43:14 AM
I like it. But I doubt it will stick for anyone outside message boards. People who own the console will get into the habbit of calling it "Xbox" if they want it to respond to their voice. It would be cool if they allowed you nickname your console though.

I might name mine "Wax" because I'm silly and I like 80s movies.
#8vivalabuck92Posted 10/3/2013 9:44:23 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
vivalabuck92 posted...
jon davis posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...

Little bit, but he'll never be as cool as Clarkson.

He's got the whole screaming about power thing almost right :/
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#9mindoftwomoronsPosted 10/3/2013 9:46:19 AM
"I think we can say we don't like it as much as we want, but it's a clever use of the name. Probably not the most flattering name, but I think it's going to be there."

Sounds more like he just accepted the fact it's going to stick rather than endorse the name.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#10LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/3/2013 9:48:38 AM
mindoftwomorons posted...
"I think we can say we don't like it as much as we want, but it's a clever use of the name. Probably not the most flattering name, but I think it's going to be there."

Sounds more like he just accepted the fact it's going to stick rather than endorse the name.

This.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain