Phil Spencer "XBone name is going to stick"

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 10/3/2013 10:49:38 AM
I've never thought it sounded derogatory.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#12vivalabuck92Posted 10/3/2013 10:52:03 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...

I actually liked it. Sounded a little metalish IMO.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#13TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/3/2013 10:55:11 AM
I don't think anyone will actually call it Xbone in speech. It's typing shorthand, but it doesn't really roll off the tongue. Think people will mostly call it "Xbox" in speech.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#14AvirosbPosted 10/3/2013 10:57:16 AM
vivalabuck92 posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

I actually liked it. Sounded a little metalish IMO.

It's just simpler to pronounce it that way. To me, at least.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#15jon davis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 11:00:25 AM
mindoftwomorons posted...
"I think we can say we don't like it as much as we want, but it's a clever use of the name. Probably not the most flattering name, but I think it's going to be there."

Sounds more like he just accepted the fact it's going to stick rather than endorse the name.

We know
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#16BudWisenheimerPosted 10/3/2013 11:07:47 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
I don't think anyone will actually call it Xbone in speech. It's typing shorthand, but it doesn't really roll off the tongue. Think people will mostly call it "Xbox" in speech.

Yeah especially if they want it to respond to their voice commands. But my buddy pronounces it xbOWN and it sounds great. (not because it has the word OWN in it but because it sounds less effete)
#17embrandedonePosted 10/3/2013 11:08:11 AM
jon davis posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...
Now it's clever? Wasn't that Major Nelson guy losing his mind over it? I just think they have accepted it.

Larry Herb is just a sock puppet.

^

Oh, and before, I forget. XBONE! Open the floodgates, we have Microsoft's blessing!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#18bob15xPosted 10/3/2013 11:12:41 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
Another 180 to toss on the bonfire.

sorry but no. Major Nelsen opinion does not reflect the opinion of all of MS

I suggest you start worring about the sony 180s. Like the massive one how important online being free is, and how important BC is.
#19jenekiPosted 10/3/2013 2:37:43 PM
Just shout it out like a wrestling announcer and you will love it.

"Microsoft put Sony in the CROSS BONE! It's all over!"
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#20Exodus_PrimePosted 10/3/2013 3:02:11 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...

^ This...Besides I also don't see a lot of people saying that in speech it would be like saying "lol" when you laugh at something your friends did.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.