Why do xbox one fans ignore multi platform games??

#1lilj812Posted 10/3/2013 1:57:44 PM
I always hear from Xbox one fans that the playstation 4 has no games to look forward to, but are they purposely ignoring all the multi-platform games that are selling much more on the ps4 then the Xbox one?

Do multi-platform games count when it comes to deciding which console you want to spend money on?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#2squarex8264Posted 10/3/2013 2:03:56 PM
Because when comparing consoles, you can easily get those games for either console. That's why they are multiplatform, and don't typically factor into discussions.

If I wanted to get a PS4 for only Assassin's Creed 4 for example, but I also wanted to get an X1 for Killer Instinct, then I could hold on buying the PS4 and get AC4 for my X1 as well to save money.

Multiplatform games are great though; I don't think anyone is ignoring them. One of the first games on my X1 will be multiplatform (Assassin's Creed 4) :)
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#3AzaneAzerPosted 10/3/2013 2:05:26 PM
because the only people left defending the DRM Machine 180 are trolls.
#4Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/3/2013 2:05:51 PM
there is going to be no consensus on exclusives. all sides are claiming they have the better exclusives. what we need to remember is that it's not objective its subjective as in everyone can decide for their own which is better. In the end Multi-plats are the best. at least at launch. Watch Dogs looks better than either PS4 or XBOX One launch games
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#5embrandedonePosted 10/3/2013 2:08:26 PM
Because when you remove them, it looks like PS4 only has Indies and that's pretty much the only ammo they have in their pathetic little squirt guns.

Already multi-award winning Studios are working on futures. Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Ready at Dawn and Team Ico. Sony always comes through with 1st Party Exclusives.

Xbots don't want to face the fact that MS only has Halo.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#6lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 2:09:39 PM
Since they both are relatively the same when it comes to coding for either system, shouldn't you go for the more powerful system when it comes to multi-platform games? Like, for instance, battlefield 4 is one of the biggest games coming out. If that's the game you want for next gen, why not make the better long term investment and get the more powerful machine?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#7Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/3/2013 2:10:23 PM
lilj812 posted...
Are you asking why they ignore games on the PS4, that they can get also get on the Xbox One?

AzaneAzer posted...
Only trolls would call a console a "DRM Machine." lol
#8AzaneAzerPosted 10/3/2013 2:13:06 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
lilj812 posted...
Are you asking why they ignore games on the PS4, that they can get also get on the Xbox One?

AzaneAzer posted...
Only trolls would call a console a "DRM Machine." lol

I agree, So, when the Xbone was revealed at E3, you're insinuating that Microsoft was only trolling?
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/3/2013 2:15:27 PM
lilj812 posted...
Since they both are relatively the same when it comes to coding for either system, shouldn't you go for the more powerful system when it comes to multi-platform games? Like, for instance, battlefield 4 is one of the biggest games coming out. If that's the game you want for next gen, why not make the better long term investment and get the more powerful machine?
Shouldn't we wait to see if there is any significant difference between multiplats, before we wonder why people make the choices they make? Some people are probably waiting to see if the differences are worth changing their mind for. And, some people are actually planning to buy both consoles no matter what. Your question, probably doesn't apply to any majority of people.
#10squarex8264Posted 10/3/2013 2:16:43 PM
lilj812 posted...

Because I prefer the short-term games that I know I want to play at launch on the X1, rather than the long-term possibility of games I may one day want to play on PS4.

And you said it yourself, they are going to be relatively the same for multiplats. Even if PS4 version has a slightly better framerate or textures for a game, will that somehow make the X1 version unplayable? Did PS3 users not enjoy most of the multiplats it received over these past few years?
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade