Xbox Live Arcade and Games on Demand Backwards compatibility.

#1neoskoolSEGAPosted 10/3/2013 3:41:38 PM
After hours of online research, I have been able to come up with no real answer to my biggest question, will I be able to play my XBLA games on my XBOX ONE. Im sure that Gamestop or pretty much any big game outlet is going to offer a deal if you trade in your 360 or PS3 towards a new gen console, you will get a little more trade. But if I cant keep all of the games I have gotten on the live arcade, I just want to know if it would even be worth it. Has anyone heard any possible talk on this topic anywhere?
#2TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/3/2013 3:47:42 PM(edited)
No, won't happen. They're pulling a Nintendo, you'll have to repurchase the same **** if they choose to remake it on One, unless they're extremely lenient and decide to give people discounts/vouchers if they already owned said game on 360.

I'd really be happy if they just transferred Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark XBLA over.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#3neoskoolSEGA(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 3:49:39 PM
Well, that's really stupid. I don't understand why it's so hard, retail games makes a little more sense even though a Blue Ray Player can run the DVD+-R format. But if its the same account I guess that makes too much sense, especially if the Cloud is the greatest thing ever. Man, the game market is dying.
#4TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/3/2013 3:51:02 PM
It has to do with differences with hardware... 360 and One are almost completely different on the inside. They'd have to build an emulator for all these games, or rewrite the code for each one to work on One. The former is 98% certain to not happen, the latter is 100& certain to not happen.
---
#5NerdimusPrimePosted 10/3/2013 3:52:21 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
No, won't happen. They're pulling a Nintendo, you'll have to repurchase the same **** if they choose to remake it on One, unless they're extremely lenient and decide to give people discounts/vouchers if they already owned said game on 360.

I'd really be happy if they just transferred Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark XBLA over.

WTF!?!?! If they were "pulling a Nintendo", there would be full BC including digital content and a discounted option for the upgraded version. XBLA titles will not transfer from 360 to Xbone ( unlike Wii to Wii U), so there is no comparison to what Nintendo is offering. Please quit talking straight out of your ass, it's unbecoming.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#6TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/3/2013 3:54:32 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...

WTF!?!?! If they were "pulling a Nintendo", there would be full BC including digital content and a discounted option for the upgraded version. XBLA titles will not transfer from 360 to Xbone ( unlike Wii to Wii U), so there is no comparison to what Nintendo is offering. Please quit talking straight out of your ass, it's unbecoming.

Sorry, the last I looked into it (launch), there was no discount. Now there is one.
---
#7NerdimusPrimePosted 10/3/2013 3:56:20 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...

Sorry, the last I looked into it (launch), there was no discount. Now there is one.

There has been a discount for upgrading since launch, as well as full BC of all Wiiware and VC titles.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#8PStrifePosted 10/3/2013 8:55:39 PM
This same stuff happend with the original XBox as well, this is nothing new with digital downloads.
#9SilentS89Posted 10/3/2013 8:57:46 PM(edited)
There is no reason to expect Xbox One Live Arcade games to be any different.
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 10/3/2013 10:05:02 PM
PStrife posted...
This same stuff happend with the original XBox as well, this is nothing new with digital downloads on a Sony/MS game console, contrary to pretty much every other DD device on the market and consumer expectations.

FTFY. Also, Xbox barely had any DD, most people reasonably expected a different outcome here with 360->One.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png