Xbox Live Arcade and Games on Demand Backwards compatibility.

#11Chyld989Posted 10/3/2013 11:49:48 PM
neoskoolSEGA posted...
After hours of online research, I have been able to come up with no real answer to my biggest question, will I be able to play my XBLA games on my XBOX ONE.

You're clearly not very good at research.

No, you won't.
#12GigaVoltyPosted 10/5/2013 2:17:23 AM
It's down right wrong. In an age of digital distribution, the simply tossing aside of my 100s of dollars of content is a slap to the face. I could have VERY easily bought many of those Xbox arcade games on Steam. Instead, as a consumer, I bought them on the XBox. I chose that system as my system of choice. Loyalty perhaps even. I didn't buy PSN games that were also on the Xbox, I bought them on XBox because I preferred the control, I paid for my gold membership and believed the online community I paid for was worth it. And for what? To lose it all? PSN is in the same boat. I bought lots of PS1 classics and PS2 games along with a few PS3 games. I mainly got a PS3 for it's exclusives.

That is why I'm VERY uncertain if I'm going to pick up my PS4 or XBone preorders. I may just save that 1000 bucks plus games and build me a new SteamBox. My steam account will always be there, and PC games will always run. I bought Braid on XBox, not Steam. When I build a new computer, I could still play Braid from my Steam account 20 years from now. I've gone through three Xbox 360s since the launch of this system, and that's because all my 8 bit, 16 bit, 64 bit consoles still work! Good luck playing Braid on that 360 10 years from now!

/blogfaqs

TLDR Micro$oft sucks ass... I'll probably pick up Halo 5... fml.
#13SparkItUpPosted 10/5/2013 5:18:48 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
It has to do with differences with hardware... 360 and One are almost completely different on the inside. They'd have to build an emulator for all these games, or rewrite the code for each one to work on One. The former is 98% certain to not happen, the latter is 100& certain to not happen.

False...It has to do with wanting more profits. Now that being said, this is one of the few things I don't knock XB1 for. While I sympathize with those that have massive libraries, this is something that people should have seen coming because really it only makes sense when other companies (Nintendo) are doing the same thing with little outrage.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#14zinsindettaPosted 10/5/2013 5:28:42 AM
SparkItUp posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
It has to do with differences with hardware... 360 and One are almost completely different on the inside. They'd have to build an emulator for all these games, or rewrite the code for each one to work on One. The former is 98% certain to not happen, the latter is 100& certain to not happen.

False...It has to do with wanting more profits. Now that being said, this is one of the few things I don't knock XB1 for. While I sympathize with those that have massive libraries, this is something that people should have seen coming because really it only makes sense when other companies (Nintendo) are doing the same thing with little outrage.

You are wrong. They made those games to work on 360/PS3. They can't do nothing and have them work on XB1/PS4 as well.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#15FoppePosted 10/5/2013 5:33:07 AM
GigaVolty posted...
When I build a new computer, I could still play Braid from my Steam account 20 years from now.

If you build a new computer, you will still use a x86 CPU.
The difference is that Microsoft went from a PowerPC CPU to a x86 CPU.
If you build a new PC made with a PowerPC CPU, then you wont be able to play your Steam games.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#16DXiRoNMaNPosted 10/5/2013 5:52:29 AM
wow so I can't get TMNT arcade on XB1?
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#17SilentS89Posted 10/5/2013 7:12:29 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
wow so I can't get TMNT arcade on XB1?

That is correct, unless they host a new version that you would have to pay for again.
#18NerdimusPrimePosted 10/5/2013 8:54:23 AM
GigaVolty posted...
It's down right wrong. In an age of digital distribution, the simply tossing aside of my 100s of dollars of content is a slap to the face. I could have VERY easily bought many of those Xbox arcade games on Steam. Instead, as a consumer, I bought them on the XBox. I chose that system as my system of choice. Loyalty perhaps even. I didn't buy PSN games that were also on the Xbox, I bought them on XBox because I preferred the control, I paid for my gold membership and believed the online community I paid for was worth it. And for what? To lose it all? PSN is in the same boat. I bought lots of PS1 classics and PS2 games along with a few PS3 games. I mainly got a PS3 for it's exclusives.

That is why I'm VERY uncertain if I'm going to pick up my PS4 or XBone preorders. I may just save that 1000 bucks plus games and build me a new SteamBox. My steam account will always be there, and PC games will always run. I bought Braid on XBox, not Steam. When I build a new computer, I could still play Braid from my Steam account 20 years from now. I've gone through three Xbox 360s since the launch of this system, and that's because all my 8 bit, 16 bit, 64 bit consoles still work! Good luck playing Braid on that 360 10 years from now!

/blogfaqs

This is why MS should have spent their time and money on converting XBLA titles/developing a BC solution instead of Kinect/NFL contracts/timed exclusives. Every other DD platform in existence offers a transfer of old titles onto he new hardware, why do Sony and MS get a free pass? I know I bought XBLA titles with the promise of having these games on the next MS system, that's money wasted. If I knew MS planned on screwing us royally, I would have bought those games on Steam instead.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#19MuryoPosted 10/5/2013 9:06:09 AM
NerdimusPrime posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
No, won't happen. They're pulling a Nintendo, you'll have to repurchase the same **** if they choose to remake it on One, unless they're extremely lenient and decide to give people discounts/vouchers if they already owned said game on 360.

I'd really be happy if they just transferred Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark XBLA over.

WTF!?!?! If they were "pulling a Nintendo", there would be full BC including digital content and a discounted option for the upgraded version. XBLA titles will not transfer from 360 to Xbone ( unlike Wii to Wii U), so there is no comparison to what Nintendo is offering. Please quit talking straight out of your ass, it's unbecoming.

He's mad because Nintedo allows BC and transfer of digital purchases from the old to the new console for free, while MS is trying to nickle and dime their fanbase for nearly everything.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#20FoppePosted 10/5/2013 9:10:10 AM
NerdimusPrime posted...
GigaVolty posted...

/blogfaqs

This is why MS should have spent their time and money on converting XBLA titles/developing a BC solution instead of Kinect/NFL contracts/timed exclusives. Every other DD platform in existence offers a transfer of old titles onto he new hardware, why do Sony and MS get a free pass? I know I bought XBLA titles with the promise of having these games on the next MS system, that's money wasted. If I knew MS planned on screwing us royally, I would have bought those games on Steam instead.

When did Microsoft promise that XBLA titles would work on their next system?
And when could we transfer our old Xbox arcade titles to the 360?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC