MS's Albert Penello on Kinect ads

#1MrImpatient35Posted 10/3/2013 3:48:14 PM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/03/microsofts-albert-penello-clarifies-use-of-kinect-for-advertising-and-how-biometric-data-is-collected/

This is an interview about how Kinect 2.0 will affect the ads. I think this part should be noted:
When a user asked him if the Xbox One will save biometric data of its users and upload it to the cloud, Penello responded:

Couple things, fair questions. First, I suggest you read this if you haven’t. I bet many people aren’t even aware this exists, but we have a super detailed page that outlines, in what I think is plain English, what data is collected today. It’s pretty thorough, and I think it demonstrates our commitment to being open about what data Kinect gets. It’s not like we hide this in some EULA somewhere.

Second: All those “biometric” features you saw demoed aren’t always turned on. They are features we make available.

Third: “biometric” data is pretty open-ended. For instance, we collect voice samples today if you opt-in (just like every phone does as well) to help improve the accuracy of the voice models. This, I suppose, could be considered “biometric” data going to the cloud.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 3:49:08 PM
Is this a troll topic? I'm not sure how that works. I'm pretty sure I didn't say PS4 is hot garbage or anything.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#3Decimator11Posted 10/3/2013 3:53:52 PM
Nah, it's somewhat positive news. Which, like regular positive news, doesn't receive nearly as much attention as negative news.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#4MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 4:05:24 PM
Decimator11 posted...
Nah, it's somewhat positive news. Which, like regular positive news, doesn't receive nearly as much attention as negative news.

Exactly why I sometimes bump my old posts. I think they should get some attention. Even though I know how to get some attention, I'd have to do something that I don't wanna do lol. It's fun though. I might start doing it though.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#5Ramsus082Posted 10/3/2013 4:12:20 PM(edited)
Guys, this victim stuff has to be just as irritating to read as actual trolling. We get it; XboxOne gets a lot of hate. Let's allow Microsoft to fight the good fight for themselves though. Fanboys suck, we're all on the same page here. Let's move on, please.

EDIT.....not specifically you two, but in general this board has a reaaaaaaly bad persecution complex over the popularity disparity. Just making a larger point that there's just as many posts talking about how bad you guys have it as there are posts making this place bad in the first place.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#6gobuffalo30Posted 10/3/2013 4:11:02 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Guys, this victim stuff has to be just as irritating to read as actual trolling. We get it; XboxOne gets a lot of hate. Let's allow Microsoft to fight the good fight for themselves though. Fanboys suck, we're all on the same page here. Let's move on, please.
#7lilj812Posted 10/3/2013 4:15:32 PM
Make customers pay and give them ads, lots of them. Stay classy Microsoft.

Btw, xbox one fans, have fun ignoring all those ads. Better hope you don't scroll over one and get your ears blasted out by "Duracell!"
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#8Ramsus082Posted 10/3/2013 4:17:17 PM
On topic, I'm not pleased with what I feel is Kinect's primary benefit to Microsoft, but I really don't mind targeted advertising. If I acknowledge that I'm going to get ads anyway, they may as well be based on my preferences.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#9Demon_AckerPosted 10/3/2013 4:19:45 PM
Decimator11 posted...

No, it's because his topic wasn't even 1 minute old. Of course no one posted yet.
#10Decimator11Posted 10/3/2013 4:21:42 PM
Demon_Acker posted...
Decimator11 posted...

No, it's because his topic wasn't even 1 minute old. Of course no one posted yet.

That is a fair point. Didn't even look at the posting time. My bad on that one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg