MS's Albert Penello on Kinect ads

#11ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/3/2013 4:48:49 PM
Can we just get a console without ads, Microsoft? Or just keep ads in the marketplace. At first Penello didn't sound as much like a salesman, but now he definitely does. Course, that's obviously his job at this point, but it doesn't help me take his every word in high regard.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#12MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 4:55:51 PM
Demon_Acker posted...
Decimator11 posted...
Nah, it's somewhat positive news. Which, like regular positive news, doesn't receive nearly as much attention as negative news.

No, it's because his topic wasn't even 1 minute old. Of course no one posted yet.

I say that (or the other poster), not because of THIS post, but because of a pattern I've noticed over the last few weeks. Not just from me, but other posters. When they post something positive, it mainly gets ignored. Only the troll posts or negative posts get attention. That's what I was talkin about. I COULD start trolling hard to get some attention on what I think is positive news.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#13FriedLemonPosted 10/3/2013 5:09:41 PM
So...we're being forced to pay 100$ more for an X1 for something that primarily benefits MS.
#14MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 5:51:59 PM
FriedLemon posted...
So...we're being forced to pay 100$ more for an X1 for something that primarily benefits MS.

I've posted two different articles weeks ago on why the price is justified. I guess you didn't see them.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#15PowerOfTheCloudPosted 10/3/2013 6:06:04 PM
Decimator11 posted...
Nah, it's somewhat positive news. Which, like regular positive news, doesn't receive nearly as much attention as negative news.

I found some negative news in the article..

"Youíll see us do some things around Skype that freezes the video when Skype is not in focus (meaning, itís not the primary app). If you go back to the home screen, or launch another app, we actually stop the video stream. We do this so the user canít even ACCIDENTALLY have the video stream going on in the background."

So it looks like this means you can't multitask and have a Skype conversation unless its in focus? Is that also while playing games?
---
xbone = myspace
ps4 = facebook
#16PowerOfTheCloudPosted 10/3/2013 6:10:33 PM
Actually I missed the part where it said it still worked if it was snapped. So just when you launch Internet Explorer and such your conversation with your mother will just freeze until you go back. Acceptable.
---
xbone = myspace
ps4 = facebook
#17FriedLemonPosted 10/3/2013 6:57:43 PM(edited)
MrImpatient35 posted...
FriedLemon posted...

I've posted two different articles weeks ago on why the price is justified. I guess you didn't see them.

From a gaming console point of view, nothing can justify forcing people to pay 100$ extra for a peripheral that has very little to do with gaming. The Kinect is a great piece of technology sure but Kinect 1.0 has proven that beyond dance and fitness games the Kinect simply isn't suited for traditional gaming. Make no mistake, the inclusion of Kinect is there primarily to benefit MS whatever their agendas may be (and in this case it seems to be advertising).

Edit: The Kinect is actually great value for what you get, but it's more suited for other uses such as in the field of robotics. It's just that if Kinect 1.0 has shown us anything it's that Kinect just isn't that great for gaming.
#18RetrowirePosted 10/3/2013 7:30:54 PM
To quote KuchikiSentou in the comments of that very webpage:

It sounds nice with the reassuring, but itís data. I simply CANíT know whether my biometric data is leaving the console or not despite what Penello-san here says.

I mean, do you guys really TRUST anything that a wealthy employee of a company that has a dishonest history says? People need to stop taking words at face value with this company.
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#19Sin_Angelus_Posted 10/3/2013 7:36:24 PM
lilj812 posted...
Make customers pay and give them ads, lots of them. Stay classy Microsoft.

Btw, xbox one fans, have fun ignoring all those ads. Better hope you don't scroll over one and get your ears blasted out by "Duracell!"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/29/business/media/sony-begins-upfront-sales-of-ads-for-playstation-3.html?_r=1&
#20iceltPosted 10/4/2013 6:27:19 AM
Retrowire posted...
To quote KuchikiSentou in the comments of that very webpage:

It sounds nice with the reassuring, but itís data. I simply CANíT know whether my biometric data is leaving the console or not despite what Penello-san here says.

I mean, do you guys really TRUST anything that a wealthy employee of a company that has a dishonest history says? People need to stop taking words at face value with this company.

---
PSN: icelt
"Beaker on a Hot Tin Roof" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif