X1 vs. PS4: which has a better operating system?

#1Cowboy082288Posted 10/3/2013 5:01:56 PM
Whose OS wins? - Results (394 votes)
X1
39.09% (154 votes)
PS4
60.91% (240 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So I been digging around for info for awhile for information on both systems OS. For a more in depth look at X1 this is the best explanation I have found thus far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg_DR0leAYw

I have not really been able to find an equivalent for the PS4 OS. But if you do know a good description of it plz post it in the thread, I would like to read/watch it.

Of course though a lot of that is just techy talk, there is plenty of info on different features theses operating systems will support, such as running apps, communication, video recording ect. So I'm not going to bother linking that stuff. Though features is certainly what ultimately matters.

For now I lean towards preferring the X1 OS. Mostly just because I know more about it. Whats your preference and why?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#2BkzIzuPosted 10/3/2013 5:05:56 PM
I voted PS4. :)
#3BudWisenheimerPosted 10/3/2013 5:09:09 PM
It's guesswork but I'd always have to give the edge to a successful software company with ages of experience when it come to writing an OS. Especially when it doesn't need to be everything to everyone like their complex Windows OS.

By the same token I would always give the hardware edge to an experienced home entertainment and computer company. I've always owned some Sony product in my home if not several (including every Playstation).

Just like last gen I give the SW advantage to MS and the HW advantage to Sony Soni Soné has done it again.
#4The_NightwingPosted 10/3/2013 5:09:47 PM
Probably Xbox One, I mean Microsoft is specialized in software and Sony is better in hardware.
---
Things to remember;
anyone that disagrees with you is a fanboy, if a developer says one system is better they're paid off, the other console has no games.
#5James_4ortPosted 10/3/2013 5:22:38 PM
doesnt xbone have a windows 8 like UI?

how does this crap compete with anything???
---
~House of Red Leaves~
Let no1 misguide you. The true hearted will fall to the glory of eternity, and as the darkness arrises the light within will shine true
#6NeoMonkPosted 10/3/2013 5:23:05 PM
W8 is amazing, it's well regarded as good for gaming :D

/sarc
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#7ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/3/2013 5:41:28 PM
I don't happen to have a time machine, TC. But if I base my assumptions off of which OS I liked in the current gen, it would have to be Playstation. Don't know why people dislike the XCross media bar.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#8pigman2003Posted 10/3/2013 5:45:48 PM
The obligatory PS4 vote aside, the Xbox One is featuring 3 OS's to quickly navigate the console, it of course has the best one.
#9Masterchief5525Posted 10/3/2013 5:51:09 PM
Knowing Sony their OS won't run as well, it'll run smooth but not as well as the X1 OS. Also I don't like the look of the PS4 interface even though I use WIndows 8 >.>
#10Golden MavenPosted 10/3/2013 5:52:23 PM
All this Windows 8 bashing is mind numbing... People just regurgitate someone else's thoughts, pathetic.