Is the Xbox finished after this gen?

#1TaurenStrengthPosted 10/3/2013 7:07:43 PM
So from alot of what i've read and seen via online vids, heres what i gather so far

processing power:
X1: roughly 1million megabytes per second of information
PS4: roughly 2.5 million megabytes per second of information

Reason being because of overheating issues, which Microsoft resolved by firing the guys who made the 360 slim, which instead of resulting in a better cooling sytem only resulted in having to lower processing power, thus the current standing

Price tag difference:
X1: $500(kinect mandatory)
PS4: #$399(camera optional)

# Numerous game developers said to having being forced into holding back many popular game titles and redesigning some completely because of the lower processing power of X1. In some examples other games are being released as only half finished, due to depth of redesigning issues

Online Features:
X1: Still charging monthly fee
PS4: Still offering FREE online gaming(as far we know)

Seriously im worried for the X1. Whats even more devastating is how much time and effort i put into achievements and such, i cuz i seriously doubt we're gonna see another console generation of microsft gaming after all is said and done

Hopefully sony will make a converter someday or something for achievemnts and the like
#2SeromontisPosted 10/3/2013 7:18:45 PM
On the contrary, this might be the last Sony's console.

Their financial division is sinking down while MS' is as healthy as ever.

Truth is, they can afford terrible moves and waste a few billions.
---
Characters that won't be in SSBU: Isaac, Shulk, Ridley, Lloyd, Rosalina, Waluigi, Daisy, Krystal, Dixie Kong
SSBU roster size: 36-42 characters
#3PraetorXynPosted 10/4/2013 6:15:20 AM
Probably not. There are too many Dudebros (and my definition of the term is someone who only plays CoD and sports games) for that to happen.

While Microsoft could afford 10 failed consoles in a row, it's not totally out of the question for their shareholders to pressure the selling off of the game division or something like that.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 10/4/2013 6:20:37 AM
This will be the last console generation for both companies as digital gets more and more popular a long with mobile games, and now with the steam box coming out and even apple wanting a shot at the console market.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5M_TollitsonPosted 10/4/2013 6:23:58 AM
We know full well that the PS4 doesn't have free online gaming.
#6Bryant187Posted 10/4/2013 6:57:47 AM
Sony is most likely the one going under. They're already slowly getting lower andlower on money plus selling ps4 at a loss. MS constantly makes money from a few divisions and the console sales should break even with its hardware cost. I als believe nintendo will be done with consoles and stay portable.
---
Don't choose a console because of price, hardware or popularity. Choose a console because it has the games you want. For me that choice is X1.
#7ZimbabweBobPosted 10/4/2013 7:06:29 AM
Bryant187 posted...
Sony is most likely the one going under. They're already slowly getting lower andlower on money plus selling ps4 at a loss. MS constantly makes money from a few divisions and the console sales should break even with its hardware cost. I als believe nintendo will be done with consoles and stay portable.

How about none of the above? If Playstation tanks, Sony will ditch the brand and console gaming altogether instead of going down with it. MS would do the same thing, cut their losses and ditch the Xbox division to keep the rest of the company solvent. Nintendo will never get out of console manufacturing, it's what they do. Video games are not a division of their corporation, it's the heart and soul of their business.

Now every other console maker has wet dreams about Nintendo going 3rd party or only handheld, but it will never happen. I do see a possibility of MS or Sony getting out this gen, it all depends on sales and the performance of their other divisions.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID: ZimbabweBob
#8Aone1987Posted 10/4/2013 7:12:28 AM
M_Tollitson posted...
We know full well that the PS4 doesn't have free online gaming.

Free to play and free games are free online. (DEMOS) AND OLD GAKAI GAMES ALSO

Retail Games cost.
#9BadLuckIncPosted 10/4/2013 7:50:57 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Probably not. There are too many Dudebros (and my definition of the term is someone who only plays CoD and sports games) for that to happen.

While Microsoft could afford 10 failed consoles in a row, it's not totally out of the question for their shareholders to pressure the selling off of the game division or something like that.

The term DudeBro is pretty lame. Why is it so bad that people enjoy playing CoD and Sports game wither it be singleplayer or online with friends/randoms? I thought people played games and specific genres because they enjoyed them..

Tools lol.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#10DarkTyrantXPosted 10/4/2013 8:02:27 AM
ps4 is charging for online actually.