If it was possible, would you prefer an XB1 without ads?

#31Special-EddPosted 10/4/2013 5:57:53 AM
I'd prefer them without ads on the home screen. I wouldn't mind if the marketplace, music, movies & TV sections had them. I would accept ads for DLC on games associated with my account or sequels to those games on my homescreen.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#32bob15xPosted 10/4/2013 6:23:08 AM
Well considering there are not ads on the home screen there isn't an issue.

Recommedations are not ads, that is called discovery, and so when all the sony fanboys come in to say no their ads, those recommendations are the life blood of all those indies you love so much. So while you fight to call them ads, Sony will have those too because if they don't, then they don't support indies.

this is a big concern with indies on how both companies will handle discovery. If they don't do those recommendations, indie is good as dead no matter how much Sony and MS say how important they are.

I cannot wait for all those, I hate Ads sony fanboys to eat crow when they realize sony has, omg, ads.
#33ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 8:56:32 AM
GotTruth posted...
It would be different if it was ONLY DLC/Games on Demand/New releases being pimped throught GAME console. But it freaking movies, food, cars, and other crap that has nothing to with, you know, GAMING.....I know I'm a jerk, I bought a GAME Console to play GAMES, screw me right?

Pretty much my stance. Unfortunately, some don't even see that the majority of the panel is covered in ads. 2/3rds of it. They just associate the one panel that says "advertisement" as the only ads panel, when that's simply not true.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#34MetroidFan9999Posted 10/4/2013 8:58:00 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
NeoMonk posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...
No, ads are capitalism. Capitalism is good, ergo ads are good.

spoken like a true alt account

Take a seat there with the rest of your Sony Troll friends I've treated and I will get to you shortly. *points to line with MetroidFan, Coltslover, Playstation Patriot, TJ_Unlimited, etc...*

I'm not a fan of Sony, clown.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#35MetroidFan9999Posted 10/4/2013 8:59:47 AM
Also anyone a fan of ads is the scum of society. I am finding it hilarious all the clowns saying "Oh, but they will be tailored to me now! It's good!"

Yeah that totally makes it right....smh
---
#36JohnHalo343Posted 10/4/2013 9:05:42 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...
NeoMonk posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...

Take a seat there with the rest of your Sony Troll friends I've treated and I will get to you shortly. *points to line with MetroidFan, Coltslover, Playstation Patriot, TJ_Unlimited, etc...*

You are still going with that story? Give it a rest.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#37bob15xPosted 10/4/2013 9:11:27 AM
GotTruth posted...
Fustmonkey posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Even people who say they're not a problem seem to only be giving off the impression that they are very tolerable.

wtf does that even mean.

People who act like the ads on the Xbox 360 are a problem are completely psychotic.

Are they seriously that threatened by "ads" for games? Are they such uber cool complete douchebags that they are soo cool for school that they not only will despise anything that resembles an add, they are offended that Microsoft has the audacity to actually assume that said finger snapping douchebag has to be informed of a new game or DLC release?

I mean... WHO THE F*** DOES MS THINK THEY ARE, trying to tell ME OF ALL PEOPLE that there's a new game or DLC available?

Don't they F***ING KNOW WHO I AM????

Seriously. Is that what it's about? That people are offended about being told about games that are available?

It would be different if it was ONLY DLC/Games on Demand/New releases being pimped throught GAME console. But it freaking movies, food, cars, and other crap that has nothing to with, you know, GAMING.....I know I'm a jerk, I bought a GAME Console to play GAMES, screw me right?

so the 10s of millions of people that like to be able to watch streaming movies, netflix, music , use the bluray player etc, screw them because you only want it for games?

on behalf of everyone, go away. You are the typical arrogant self absorbed gamer.

it costs nothign extra for these things, and those are recommedations, discovery they call it, and without it, indie movies, games etc would die.
#38darkshadowmasterPosted 10/4/2013 9:17:33 AM
I guess if it was possible but the only thing I do with my 360 is play games, so the only time I see ads is if I don't press "play x" fast enough.

Well, then and on the off chance I decide to use Netflix on it rather than my PS3.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#39MetroidFan9999Posted 10/4/2013 10:14:40 AM(edited)
JohnHalo343 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...
NeoMonk posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...

You are still going with that story? Give it a rest.

Why does showing active criticism towards MS policies automatically mean someone is a front runner for Sony?

You are paranoid, bro. Give it a rest. It's painful you have to reassure yourself that only Sony fans would be negative towards MS and their inept policies.
---
#40embrandedonePosted 10/4/2013 10:28:41 AM
"I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it." - Lucille Bluth.

>:)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board