Xbox One DayOne Edition Reservation

#1Kovifan27Posted 10/4/2013 10:26:42 AM
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/03/xbox-one-release-date-day-one-editions-slip-retailers/

The Xbox One Day One pre-orders may not arrive on the Xbox One release date for buyers who ordered from Target and Best Buy, and a closer look at Microsoft’s current marketing for the Day One edition reveals there is no promise of an Xbox One Day One edition on release day.

Microsoft announced a special Xbox One Day One version of the new console which is the only version that will be in stores on the Xbox One release date, going so far as to make more Day One editions available recently, but a look at the Xbox One landing page and information on ordering pages does not include a promise that users who pre-order an Xbox One Day One edition will get their console on release date.

When ordering our Xbox One Day One, we assumed it came with a promise for release date delivery, but a close look shows the Xbox One Day One only guarantees, ”a commemorative controller and an exclusive achievement.”

What the heck man?
#2regsantotomasPosted 10/4/2013 10:30:09 AM(edited)
Keep reading

According to an insider at Microsoft Best Buy’s response is not on the money and we should expect to play the Xbox One on November 22nd

It sounds like both Best Buy and Target are making comments to cover their butts in case their preorder numbers supersede actual units on hand day one.

---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#3Kovifan27(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 10:39:04 AM
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Xbox_One/Target_Drops_the_Ball_on_My_Xbox_One_Day_One_Pre-Order/12710

I'm sorry but that seems like a reason to worry for some.

Hopefully there are no problems. Didn't they cut down on launch countries to make sure they wouldn't have launch shortages?
#4bob15xPosted 10/4/2013 10:41:55 AM
Kovifan27 posted...
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Xbox_One/Target_Drops_the_Ball_on_My_Xbox_One_Day_One_Pre-Order/12710

I'm sorry but that seems like a reason to worry for some.

Hopefully there are no problems. Didn't they cut down on launch countries to make sure they wouldn't have launch shortages?

So target had an issue, therefore everyone else does?

Far as I can tell the xbox one preorders are not being over sold like the ps4 ones.
#5BadLuckIncPosted 10/4/2013 10:44:24 AM
That's why you should of been smart and went through Amazon ;)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#6regsantotomasPosted 10/4/2013 11:01:39 AM
There are problems at every launch. Always. Some retailers will have issues with overbooking or even a few shipment issues. I'm sure this is why you are seeing statement like these; to cover themselves.

Suggesting that this automatically means that this is some widespread epidemic is over-sensationalizing a few off-hand comments.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#7Exodus_PrimePosted 10/4/2013 12:02:11 PM
Best Buy is already on thin ice with me after the stupidity I went through with my Kingdom Hearts Hd remix pre-order art book, Also with GTA V the day of launch went to pick up my pre order got home opened up a bran new sealed game only to find two blank DVD disks in it's place. This would put a nail in the coffin sort of on my service with Best Buy.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.