Why do many Xbox owners/buys justify their purchase by saying "I'm not poor"

#1Orange_ApplesPosted 10/4/2013 12:22:01 PM
I saw this a lot for a while now. First on 360 it was, "I'm okay with paying for XBox Live because I'm not poor." now it is, "I'm okay with spending an extra $100 on my console because I'm not poor."

Of all the reasons, why is, "I'm not poor" one of the justifications? Not wanting to spend money unnecessarily isn't a sign of being poor, it is a sign of being financially responsible.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#2Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 12:23:46 PM
the title should say "buyers", not "buys"
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3Skynet82997Posted 10/4/2013 12:23:52 PM
It's just used as an insult - the same way the pro-Sony guys toss out every insult under the sun if you're buying an XB1.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 10/4/2013 12:25:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71cY9Ysy5U
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#5embrandedonePosted 10/4/2013 12:25:55 PM
Cuz they're 13 y/o with mommy's pocket money?

I donated over 500 for Mighty Number 9 (pre-emptive bird you-know-what to any who might disagree) so you can tell I'm well-to-do. The fact that I can afford both systems doesn't blind me to how MS is doing its best to destroy gaming.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#6Special-EddPosted 10/4/2013 12:26:47 PM
I don't try to justify it. $100 is $100 but I'm not afraid to spend the money on something that will entertain me for years. If someone isn't in the position to spend the extra money I certainly wouldn't hold it against them. I've got several friends who want the XB1 but have to hold off on it because they have other obligations. I'm sure if they wanted the PS4 instead they would get one but they also apparently don't mind spending the extra $100.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#7pigman2003Posted 10/4/2013 12:37:22 PM
Because everyone buying a PS4 seems to think $100 is a big deal. I don't make a ton of money but I can still afford to save $500, especially if I have 3 months to do so.

The Xbox One is $100 more expensive, but with it you get access to a ton of next gen exclusives and a high tech camera to enhance game experience.

Xbox Live is $10 more and instead of getting free games you get a premium online service.

The PS4 is cheaper, but you get second rate online quality, a bunch of indie games and a Headset reminiscent of a spaghetti string. Not to mention a bunch of free to plays.

If you had a ton of money and could only get One console I don't understand why you wouldn't get an Xbox One over a PS4.

But if your hurting on cash then the PS4 is really the best option.

You get what you pay for.
#8EllesarienPosted 10/4/2013 12:38:34 PM
Here's a better question for you?

Why do you care how people of freewill spend their money?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#9zephirrainesPosted 10/4/2013 12:40:54 PM
pigman2003 posted...
Because everyone buying a PS4 seems to think $100 is a big deal. I don't make a ton of money but I can still afford to save $500, especially if I have 3 months to do so.

The Xbox One is $100 more expensive, but with it you get access to a ton of next gen exclusives and a high tech camera to enhance game experience.

Xbox Live is $10 more and instead of getting free games you get a premium online service.

The PS4 is cheaper, but you get second rate online quality, a bunch of indie games and a Headset reminiscent of a spaghetti string. Not to mention a bunch of free to plays.

If you had a ton of money and could only get One console I don't understand why you wouldn't get an Xbox One over a PS4.

But if your hurting on cash then the PS4 is really the best option.

You get what you pay for.

QFT. Whole reason xbox owners say it is because of ponies attacking the price for a system they have 0 interest in.

Of course if be happier if it cost less but i find the exclusives and features worth the price.
#10sworderPosted 10/4/2013 12:44:57 PM
pigman2003 posted...
you get a premium online service

http://files.myopera.com/cronos12346/albums/13344152/thumbs/Michel%20Jordan%20Riendo.gif_thumb.jpg