Why do many Xbox owners/buys justify their purchase by saying "I'm not poor"

#31MilesTeg420Posted 10/4/2013 1:28:18 PM
TC these people are brand loyalists, there is no way they were switching brands no matter what.
#32Shik_stickPosted 10/4/2013 1:30:12 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
TC these people are brand loyalists, there is no way they were switching brands no matter what.

That why there are a ton of people switching to PS4 now after this X1 disaster?
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#33MilesTeg420Posted 10/4/2013 1:31:47 PM
Shik_stick posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

I was referring to the people mentioned in the topic title.
#34Shik_stickPosted 10/4/2013 1:33:34 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

I was referring to the people mentioned in the topic title.

Ah, apologies for misquoting you then.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#35The_DarkwalkerPosted 10/4/2013 1:35:14 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
Why do many Xbox owners/buys justify their purchase by saying "I'm not poor"

Why are you so concerned with other people's purchasing decisions?
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#36maheo30Posted 10/4/2013 1:36:03 PM
Shik_stick posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
maheo30 posted...
I justify my purchase of the X1 by saying it costs less. What do I mean by that? I don't look at the price of the consoles at launch. I ask myself, based on my experience, which console will last longer over the course of a console generation. If you buy both consoles at launch and the X1 lasts the entire generation while you purchase another PS4 because the launch you had crapped out. Then the X1 is cheaper. I have my original launch xbox and I only purchased one 360. The launch 360 RRODed but they sent me a replacement which I still have and use. The playstation products I've had have crapped out within 18 months of purchase. So when someone makes the argument that the PS4 is a 100 bucks cheaper? I see 300-500 dollars more expensive.

didn't almost half of all xbox 360's sold in the first 3 years have like a 1/2 failure rate whereas PS3 was somewhere around a 10% failure rate? and if you got the YLOD in under 2 years you must have been keeping that thing on a heater

Everybody I know who owned a 360 has gone vthrough at least 3 . Everyone I know who owns a PS3 has had the same one all along.

I understand that. For me it has been the exact opposite. That's why I don't buy PS products any more or Sony products in general. I've had the same issues with their TVs.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#37pushoPosted 10/4/2013 1:47:10 PM
Shik_stick posted...
pigman2003 posted...
Because everyone buying a PS4 seems to think $100 is a big deal. I don't make a ton of money but I can still afford to save $500, especially if I have 3 months to do so.

The Xbox One is $100 more expensive, but with it you get access to a ton of next gen exclusives and a high tech camera to enhance game experience.

Xbox Live is $10 more and instead of getting free games you get a premium online service.

The PS4 is cheaper, but you get second rate online quality, a bunch of indie games and a Headset reminiscent of a spaghetti string. Not to mention a bunch of free to plays.

If you had a ton of money and could only get One console I don't understand why you wouldn't get an Xbox One over a PS4.

But if your hurting on cash then the PS4 is really the best option.

You get what you pay for.

You also get access to next gen exclusives on PS4 and those that will come out and have already been announced are likely to be/ already look a hell of a lot better than anything on Xbox.

Online service has always been comparable. Try again.

It's cheaper, with better hardware and developers. It's also compatible with all PS3 headsets right out of the box. The same cannot be said for X1.

Funny how Xbox fans always used to use indies as offense back in the day, now they are the worst thing ever. Also, if you can't see how indies are important or understand and appreciate what they mean for the industry, then you should not call by ourself a gamer.

Free to play you say? Kind of like Killer Instinct? Which is the absolute worst example of how to do a free to play game?

Also keep in mind that X1 has 29 launch window games announced right now...PS4 has 49 last time I checked. That's not even including any of the Japanese imports or vita games that can be used with it or the PSplus games.

So my question is why-if you care about gaming at all- would you not want to get the cheaper, more powerful and enter respected/supported system? You get what you pay for eh? True...so those supporting the MS are paying to get nickel and dimed and treated like sheep...while us "ponies" will be getting a gaming machine that we can fully trust to be a gaming machine with a ton of games for what we pay.

As usual, MS fanboys ignore posts like this
---
SoulSilver FC: 3395-5870-7789
Black FC: 0733-4647-7864
#38EllesarienPosted 10/4/2013 1:56:04 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Here's a better question for you?

Why do you care how people of freewill spend their money?

It isn't that it is $100 more, but the idea that somehow being able to spend the extra $100 is some sort of measure of status.

I suppose in the exact same mentality that forces PS4 fans to be on the X-1 board. Or do you think the mockery towards people that want to buy a X-1 on this board has some sort of divine reason?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#39crucialPosted 10/4/2013 2:15:14 PM
It's a 10 year cycle so 50 bucks a year for 10 year's is not a lot of money for me,it has way more features then PS4 so that 100 bucks is not going to be wasted,it also has a way better launch line up as well,I could easily buy both on launch but I could careless about KZ the generic shooter so why would I want to buy that?I want to play DR3 and KI and Titanfall so that is the reason I am buying one.

When I purchase a console price has nothing to do with it,I look at the game's it has at launch and future titles and imo X1 will have more of what I wan't,I want FPS not indie's so X1 is a easy choice for me.

Last gen when PS3 was 600 buck's it had no game's so went with the 360 for Gear's and I never once complained about the PS3's price but it had nothing I wanted so I passed.

Last gen price did not matter and all the ponys never said a word about price but now price is everything lol,bunch a broke people on these boards,oh you're mommy will only buy you one console this xmas,oh to bad so you have to rip apart the other console because you don't have one.
#40Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/4/2013 2:27:00 PM(edited)
why is everyone talking about who has the stronger launch line up?
they both are coming out with 5 exclusives that are actually games. Dead Rising looks like it's leading the pack for Xbox while PS4 has KZ SF as the head. They both have racing games PS4 has Knack and Xbox One has Ryse. and they both have smaller much more insignificant games coming out. i.e. fitness, Crimson Dragon, Warframe, and some War Thunder.

How can anyone claim one side has the better line-up? The best games that are coming out are the multi-plats...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180